Yangshuo's landscape is beautiful and Xianggong Mountain offers panoramic views of the stunning scenery. Standing at the top of Xianggong Mountain, you will see the hills arranged in an orderly fashion in front of you while the light, shadows, clouds, and sunrise help you soak up the incredible views. Xianggong Mountain became well-known among travelers after a photographer took pictures there and then won the bronze prize in the 10th International Photography Exhibition.
Facts about Xianggong Mountain
- Xianggong Mountain is an interesting name, which originated from its shape. In ancient times, xianggong referred to a government official who always wore a hat and dressed in an official outfit. The shape of Xianggong Mountain resembles a government official from ancient times, hence its name.
- Xianggong Mountain was merely a common hill, which was hidden among various mountains in Yangshuo. Nobody realized that it was a wonderful place to admire views of Yangshuo from until it became famous after a photographer won an international photography bronze medal.
- Except for local people, the first batch of visitors to arrive from all over the world were photographers. They were attracted by the charm of the sunshine, various mountains, and the clear waters of the Li River. As time went by, it became more and more popular with travelers.
- The most classic ways to visit Yangshuo are to go hiking, take a bamboo boat trip on the Li River, and to go riding in the countryside. However, admiring the views from a mountain is a completely different and exciting experience, which you should try.
- Don't miss the scenery along the road. It may be the only chance you get to climb a mountain in Guilin. Don't forget to admire the scenery along the roadside, although the most amazing view is waiting for you at the end.
[gallery source="gdlr-core" style="slider" slider-navigation="bullet" masterslider="true" loop="true" autoplay="true" ids="9406,8631,8303,7893,8987" orderby="rand"]
Tips for Climbing Xianggong Mountain
- Location: Xianggong Mountain, Xingping Town, Yangshuo County, Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. It's about 18 miles (28 kilometers) from Yangshuo and 35 miles (57 kilometers) from Guilin.
- Visiting duration:2 hours
- Nearby attractions: the Li River and Nine-Horse Mural Hill
It Takes about 15 Minutes to Climb the Mountain
After passing through the entrance, you’ll start to climb up Xianggong Mountain. On the way, you may feel bored and disappointed as there is just a stone road in front of you. Don't give up at that point because you will get a big surprise when you reach the top and see how gorgeous the views are from there.
The Best Time to Take Photos
Autumn is the best season to travel to Guilin (October to November). The best time of day to take photos is early in the morning on sunny days. The weather is one of the most important factors to create excellent photos. Don't forget to check the weather forecast before the day of your trip. Note: If you are a photography lover and want to go there at the best time to take photos, you should arrive at the top of the mountain before 6am.
It's Convenient to Lodge at the Foot of the Mountain
Got to get up very early? Then maybe lodging at the foot of Xianggong Mountain is a good idea. There are several hotels near the mountain and you can see the signs easily along the street if you want to book a room.
How to Get There
- Rent a car from a local travel agency in Yangshuo or Guilin. It costs about 300 yuan (47 USD) for a round-trip transfer.
- Take a bus from Yangshuo Bus Station to Xingping Town. Then rent a bamboo boat to arrive at the foot of Xianggong Mountain. It's a challenge for foreign travelers to do this.
- Join our one-day small group tour to see the picturesque scenery up close.
Recommended Tours With Trippest
Whether your time is limited or you just want to experience the most authentic history and culture, Trippest has prepared some boutique tours (mini group tours with no more than 6 travelers) for you: [tourmaster_tour category="Guilin Day Tours" num-fetch="2" pagination="" tour-style="grid" column-size="2" thumbnail-size="full" tour-info="" excerpt-number="0" tour-rating="enable" ]
[gdlr_core_blog num-fetch="6" blog-style="blog-widget" tag="Guilin travel guide" thumbnail-size="thumbnail" ]