Guilin Li River Cruise & Idyllic Yangshuo Highlights Tour
- 4 Days
- On Demand
- Private Tour - Driver Guide
Explore the beauty of Guilin and Yangshuo on a 4-day tour during your holidays in China. Relax on a boat cruise down the Li River, escape the bustle and hustle of modern city and enjoy the peaceful Yangshuo countryside. With overnights in Yangshuo, explore local village market, walk down ancient West Street by yourself. Your tour includes a sanitized car with a capacity of 4 passengers and personal English-speaking driver guide.
- Your personal English-speaking driver guide, worry-free and money saving.
- Arrange your own casual time by yourself, wakeup without an early morning call.
- Cruise down the Li River, winding its way between Guilin's karst mountains - A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Slow your pace in Yangshuo, respite from the former's chaotic urban cityscape.
- Optional the 5 BEST things to do offer you a truly immersive experience.
Day 1 | Arrival in Guilin | Free to Explore
Upon arrival in Guilin Airport or Train Station, be met by one of our representatives and be transferred by private car to your hotel in Guilin for check-in. The rest of the day is spent at your leisure.
- Optional Excursion: 4-Hour Guided Tour to Outskirts Ancient Town & Local Market Tour (From CNY200).
Daxu ancient town, which is approximately 20 kilometers far from Guilin, near the bank of the Li River, it features many well preserved significant buildings constructed during the Ming and Qing Dynasties from wood and stone and decorated with beautiful carvings. Follow a local expert to discover more hidden gems of the town. He can lead you to knock on the door of the older generation, to discover something more about the history of Daxu. Stop by the local wet market if you want to buy some local fresh seasonal produce plant by local farmers. If you luckily visit on the specified market day (usually counts as every solar calendar date with the end of 2,5,8), the entire market looks like a dynamic local living museum. You can sample many delicious street foods you may not have ever tried before in your city. In spring, strawbarry picking is also a popular weekend activity in Daxu amongst Guilin locals. Don't miss it.
- Optional Activity: 4-Hour Guilin CityWalk Guided Tour: Red Flute Cave and Two Rivers and Four Lakes (From CNY270).
Gulin Karst is considered a natural wonder and is composed of tower, pinnacle and cone karst formations and large cave systerms. You will visit the most famous cave - Reed Flute Cave, which has become a calling card of Guilin. It is also called a "Natural Art Museum" due to the numerous beautiful stalactites and stalagmites inside it. More than 180 international heads of state and politicians have visited this cave, including two former presidents of the United States, Nixon and Carter. After that, wandering around the East West Street, next to a 650-year-old prince mansion. This street now becomes a famous commercial district, but manage to make history fun while preserving the heritage during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Keep walking around the Two Rivers and Four Lakes, it refers to the round-the-city water system of Guilin composed of Lijiang River, Peach Blossom River, Ronghu Lake, Shanhu Lake, Guihu Lake and Wooden Dragon Lake. Along the way, you will see many landmarks like the Sun and Moon Pagodas, Old South Gate, Elephant Trunk Hill, etc.
Day 2 | Li River Boat Tour from Guilin to Yangshuo
Today you'll enjoy the most classic way: a cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, where it is famous for its beautiful landscape! Listed as one of the world's 15 best rivers for travelers by CNN, the Li River presents itself differently in each season and there are different ways you can appreciate it.
To maximize your experience, we will arrange a 4-star cruise for you, which is the highest level. It offers better facilities and a buffet lunch. Staggering limestone formations are scattered along the riverbanks and the scenery changes from a cityscape to rural tranquility as you approach Yangshuo.
The boat will reach Yangshuo pier at around 1 PM. Transfer between Yangshuo Pier and your hotel is not included. The rest of the day is left free for you to spend at your leisure.
- Optional Activity: 3-Hour Yangshuo Countryside Cycling Tour (From CNY250).
Biking is a popular way to tour the town and surrounding countryside, and cycling through the area's enchanting hills can prove to be a truly immersive experience. Shili Hualiang, literally meaning "10-mile art gallery", is a stretch of road on the south of the town that is blessed with picture-perfect scenes, particularly in spring, when it's adorned with a field of bright-yellow rapessed flowers in full bloom. Hotel pick-up and drop-off is included.
- Optional Activity: Impression Sanjie Liu Night Show on Li River (From CNY300).
A 75 minutes performance on the Li River with more than 600 actors and actresses from the local villages. The story entails the famous third sister of the Liu family who fell in love with Brother A Niu under the ancient Banyan Tree. The show is an artistic translation of the story which combines local elements and modern choreography. It is directed by Zhang Yimou, who presented the opening ceremony in Beijing in 2008. Entrance ticket, Hotel pick-up and drop-off are included.
- Optional Arrival Transfer: Yangshuo Boat Pier to Your Hotel in Yangshuo (From CNY100).
Book your private arrival transfer from Yangshuo Boat Pier to your hotel in Yangshuo. Skip the long line for taxis and travel in a comfortable private air-conditioned vehicle.
Day 3 | A Self-guided Day in Yangshuo
Enjoy your own free day and experience the dramatic limestone karst landscape. There is a saying that "the landscape of Guilin is the most beautiful in the world, but the landscape of Yangshuo is the most beautiful in Guilin". Yangshuo County has a good portion of the world's most impressive karst landscapes combining hills, rivers, and caves. There are plenty of places to explore and activities to do.
- Optional Activity: 3-Hour Yangshuo Rock Climbing Tour (From CNY218).
Over 1,000 rock climbing routes, coupled with a number of climbing gear rental shops, make Yangshuo a paradise for rock climbers. You'll be picked up by an English-speaking professional coach, then take a 30-min ride to climbing base from your Yangshuo hotel. Before climbing, you will have a professional instruction and training from your coach. Climbing equipments and round-way hotel pick-up and drop-off are included.
- Optional Excursion: Longji Rice Terraces and Minority Villages Tour (From CNY620).
You'll do a tour to the Longji (Dragon's Backbone) Rice Terraced Fields with your driver guide from Yangshuo. You'll visit two minority villages - Longji Ancient Zhuang Village and Ping'an Village, and admire the beautiful scenery of the terraced fields from various angles. And also you'll enjoy a home-visit to a local's house, discover the culture and customs of the Zhuang people. After that you'll experience local minority dishes and snacks in a local family-style restaurant which is highly recommended by all our customers. What's more you'll have chances to speak with local Yao women who have famously long hair and are dressed in red clothes. You'll be transferred back to Yangshuo in late afternoon.
- Optional Excursion: Private Li River Hiking Tour Including Xingping and Xianggong Hill (From CNY406).
Follow the trail through bamboo groves, treading between golden rice fields (in early autumn), and climbing the Xianggong Hill to have a panoramic view of Li River, which is highly recommended by photography enthusiasts, and even enjoy the countryside sunset on the return way. This is how to fully appreciate the beauty of the Li River and Yangshuo.
Day 4 | Departure from Yangshuo
You are able to depart the accommodation at any time after check out. Your driver will show up at your hotel at the appointed time. Spend the rest of the day at leisure until the scheduled private transfer to airport or train station.
Know Before You Book
- Round-way transfer between airport/train station and downtown Guilin.
- Private transportation to Zhujia Li River Cruise Pier from downtown Guilin.
- English-speaking driver guide service.
- Entry/Admission - 4-star Li River Cruise Boat (Buffet Lunch Included)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel accommodations
- Travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- You must bring a valid passport when on the tour.
- Green health code.
- Travel history card in the past 14 days.
- This is a private tour. No group, no others to join you.
- Please forward each individual traveler's full name and passport number at the time of booking.
- While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can ensure you'll enjoy this trip.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
For 48-hours last minute booking