Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain Private All-inclusive Day Tour
- Approx. 7 hours
- Private tour
Join us for this unique day tour to ride the world's longest cable car from city center directly up to the famous Tianmen Mountain. On Tianmen Mountain, admire peculiar sandstone peaks and feel your adrenaline pumping while walking on the suspended glass walkway at 4,691 feet high. Try the 999-step stairway to reach 'Heaven's Door', get on a shuttle bus ride along the 99 bends of winding mountain road down the mountain.
- Test your nerves on a glass walkway perched at 4,691 feet (1,430 meters).
- Climb 999 steps to Tianmen Cave, aka Heaven's Door.
- Shuttle to the summit along a road with 99 turns.
- Get stunning views of mist-shrouded mountains and lush valleys throughout your journey.
- Includes round-trip transport from Zhangjiajie downtown hotels or train station.
Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park
At 9:00 am your private tour guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Zhangjiajie city area or Zhangjiajie train station and transfer to the cable-way station to ride the world's longest cable car from city center up to Tianmen Mountain. During the 28-minute cable car ride, you can enjoy the breathtaking scenery of nature's masterpiece shrouded by mist.
Upon arrival on Tianmen Mountain, take a walk on the mountain plank road built along the face of cliffs. You will feel like walking in a fairy land when the mist is still heavy. Be amazed by the peculiar peaks, odd rocks, lush plantations and blooming flowers. This tour includes an open-air chairlift ride that can save you some walking while enjoying the scenery.
Experience the 60-meter-long glass walkway suspended at 1,430 meters high. After your adrenaline surge, ride the shuttle bus winding 99 bends up to the mountain before you reach the top. You can climb 999 steps to reach the Tianmen Cave. After Tianmen Mountain ride the shuttle bus back to cable-way station at the mountain and ride cable car down to the foot.
After the tour is concluded, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Zhangjiajie or Zhangjiajie train station for onward train.
Know Before You Book
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Zhangjiajie or Zhangjiajie Train Station
- Knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide.
- Entry/Admission - Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain.
- Cable car up to and shuttle bus down from the Tianmen Mountain.
- One-way escalator down to Tianmen Cave.
- Glass Walkway on the mountain.
- Round-way chairlift on the mountaintop.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60-80 per capita, depending on appetite).
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- China Visa
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport transfer.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring some food and water.
What need to note？
- Passport information (name, passport number, gender and date of birth) is required for the admission ticket, please forward each individual traveler's information at the time of booking.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also contact you through hotel or leave a message for you regarding the exact pickup time the night before tour.
- Good amount of walking and hiking in the mountain is required. Moderate fitness is recommended.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking