Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain Private All-inclusive Day Tour
- 7 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
Join us for this unique day tour to ride the world’s longest cable car from city center directly up to the famous Tianmen Mountain. On Tianmen Mountain, admire peculiar sandstone peaks and feel your adrenaline pumping while walking on the suspended glass walkway at 4,691 feet high. Tianmen literally means 'Heaven’s Door' in Chinese and, after 99 bends of winding mountain road, try the 999-step stairway to reach 'Heaven's Door'.
- Test your nerves on a glass walkway perched at 4,691 feet (1,430 meters);
- Climb 999 steps to Tianmen Cave, aka Heaven’s Door.
- Shuttle to the summit along a road with 99 turns;
- Get stunning views of mist-shrouded mountains and lush valleys throughout your journey, which includes round-trip transport from Zhangjiajie hotels or train station.
Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park
At 9am your private tour guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Zhangjiajie city area or Zhangjiajie train station and transfer to the cable-way station to ride the world’s longest cable car from city center up to Tianmen Mountain. During the 28-minute cable car ride, you can enjoy the breathtaking scenery of nature’s masterpiece shrouded by mist.
Upon arrival on Tianmen Mountain, take a walk on the mountain plank road built along the face of cliffs. You will feel like walking in a fairy land when the mist is still heavy. Be amazed by the peculiar peaks, odd rocks, lush plantations and blooming flowers. This tour includes an open-air chairlift ride that can save you some walking while enjoying the scenery.
Experience the 60-meter-long glass walkway suspended at 1,430 meters high. After your adrenaline surge, ride the shuttle bus winding 99 bends up to the mountain before you reach the top. You can climb 999 steps to reach the Tianmen Cave. After Tianmen Mountain ride the shuttle bus back to cable-way station at the mountain and ride cable car down to the foot.
After the tour is concluded, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Zhangjiajie or Zhangjiajie train station for onward train.
Know before you book
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Zhangjiajie or Zhangjiajie Train Station
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Cable car and shuttle bus on Tianmen Mountain.
- One-way escalator on Heaven's Gate Hole.
- Tianmen Mountain Glass Walkway.
- Round-way chairlift on the mountaintop.
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Hotel accommodations
- Airport transfer.
What do I need to bring?
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring some food and water.
What need to note？
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Good amount of walking and hiking is required.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring snacks and water.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking