Full-Day Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Tour: Tianzi Mountain and Yuanjiajie
- 8 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
OverviewDo you know the Hallelujah Mountain in the movie Avatar is inspired by the famous Zhangjiajie National Forest Park? Zhangjiajie National Forest Park is a World Heritage Site enlisted by UNESCO. We will help you make the best use of your time and energy to see the most beautiful attractions of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park – Yuanjiajie Scenic Area and Tianzi Mountain. Find out in person why it was such an inspiration!
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
At 9am, your private guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Wulingyuan Scenic Area, where Zhangjiajie National Forest Park is located, to visit its two most classic and popular attractions.
Take a cable car up to Tianzi Mountain, and you will see large areas of grotesque peaks thrusting up. Walking along the steps spectacular views unfold in front of you from different angles.
In the afternoon, ride a public shuttle bus to Yuanjiajie Scenic Area, whose mountains are said to be the inspiration for Avatar's Hallelujah Mountain. This area is the most visited area due to its fame. It takes about 1 hour to walk the tourist trails, before you take the shuttle bus for the cable car down the mountain.
Your trip will come to an end around 5pm and you will be dropped back to your hotel in Zhangjiajie city center. Transfer to the train station for your departure train is also workable.
There is another option for getting down the mountain - Bailong Elevator. This glass elevator was built on the side of a cliff, and it claims to be the world's highest of its kind. It takes only 2 minutes, but at peak times you might need to queue one or two hours to take it. If you are interested in taking the elevator, tell your guide in advance, so that he/she can arrange beforehand to avoid the long queues.
Know before you book
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Zhangjiajie downtown or Zhangjiajie Train Station
- Knowledgeable and friendly English-speaking guide.
- Private vehicle with A/C.
- Entrance ticket to Zhangjiajie National Park, including cable car, shuttle bus and Bailong elevator.
- Bottled water.
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Hotel accommodations.
- Airport transfer.
What do I need to bring?
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring snacks and water.
What need to note？
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Good amount of walking and hiking in the mountain is required. Moderate fitness is recommended
- You can choose: Option 1) Round-way cable car on the mountain. Option 2) One-way cable car up to the mountain and one-way down by Bailong elevator. No extra cost.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking