Private Charter Car Tour: One-Day Mt. Huashan Adventure from Xi'an
- Approx. 9 hours
- Private tour
You don't have to haggle with taxi drivers or join a group tour to brave Mount Huashan, China's most precipitous mountain. Ride the cable car up to North Peak, 5,295 feet (1,614 meters) above sea level, then hike among temples, pines, sculptures, and engravings.
- Hike towering Mount Huashan, one of China's best-known mountains.
- Explore all five peaks at your own pace.
- Take it easy with round-trip cable-car tickets. (Not included)
- Save yourself hassle with door-to-door private transfers.
Mt. Huashan Adventure from Xi'an
At 8:00am, your driver will pick you up from your hotel in central Xi'an, and transfer to Mt. Huashan. The ride takes about 2 hours before you reach its foot. Entrance tickets are not included in the pricing, that means you still need to decide which hiking route you take and buy tickets on your own expense at the entrance. The driver will help you with buying ticket at the ticket booth. There are 3 popular routes to up and down the mountains for your reference:
Perfect route: Up and Downtown by West Peak Cableway
West Peak - South Peak - East Peak - Middle Peak - West Peak: (Hiking duration: approx. 4 hours)
Panoramic route: Up by North Peak Cableway and Downtown by West Peak Cableway (or vice versa) - The Most Recommendation !
North Peak (Yuntai Peak) - Middle Peak - East Peak - South Peak - West Peak: (Hiking duration: approx. 5 hours)
Economic route: Up and Down by North Peak Cableway
North Peak (Yuntai Peak) - Middle Peak - East Peak - South Peak - West Peak - North Peak (Yuntai Peak): (Hiking duration: approx. 6 hours)
Hushan Mountain Scenic Area Visitor Center - Cableway Station at the North Peak: 20-minute ride by taking mountain bus.
Hushan Mountain Scenic Area Visitor Center - Cableway Station at the West Peak: 40-minute ride by taking mountain bus.
North Peak: see panoramic views.
East Peak: the best point for sunrise.
South Peak: the highest peak.
West Peak: the most beautiful scenery.
Take cable car up the North Peak, at a height of 1614 meters. Precipitous cliffs on all sides make it look like a flat terrace in the clouds, thus its other name Cloud Terrace Peak.
Challenge yourself to a trek up the mountain to take in breathtaking views. You can enjoy exploring the other four peaks: East Peak, Middle Peak, and if further West Peak and South Peak. Along the way let the magnificent mountain scenery feast your eyes, with temples, pines, sculptures and engravings.
The hike on the mountain takes 4-5 hours at your pace. Afterwards, take cable car down the mountain from West Peak, or get back to North Peak and take the cable car down, and transfer back to your hotel in central Xi'an.
Know Before You Book
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Xi'an
- Personal driver service
- English-speaking tour guide
- All admission Tickets (price as below)
- Lunch and drinks
- Travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
Admission Ticket Price / Per Person
- Main Entrance - Mt. Huashan | RMB 160 (High season: 1 Mar - 30 Nov), RMB 100 (Low season: 1 Dec - 28 Feb).
- Cableway at the North Peak | one-way RMB 80, round-way RMB 150.
- Cableway at the West Peak | one-way RMB 140, round-way RMB 280.
- Mountain shuttle bus to North Peak cableway station | one-way RMB 20.
- Mountain shuttle bus to West Peak cableway station | one-way RMB 40.
- The Plank Walk at the South Peak | RMB 30.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A good amount of walking and hiking is required. Wear comfortable walking shoes and
- Lunch is not included in the tour, and food on the mountain is overpriced. Bring some snacks and water.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Although round-trip cable car is included in the tour, 4-5 hours of hiking the long and steep steps on the mountain are still required. Please make sure you are of modest fitness before booking this tour.
- Lunch is not included in the tour. Food on the mountain is overpriced. We suggest you have a big breakfast in the morning, and bring some snacks and water.
- Thrillseekers want to try the Plank Walk at the South Peak. But there is always a long queue line. For saving your precious time, we suggest you skip this site.
- The driver can help you with buying tickets. Just let us know your hiking route at the time of booking. Pay on site.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking