Mini Group: Daily VIP Xian Terracotta Warriors and City Discovery Tour
- Approx. 8 hours
- Every day
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 10)
Enjoy a level of service that comes close to a private tour in a group of no more than 10 people. Start at the iconic Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, with a deep dive into the world of Qin Shi Huang. Explore Xi'an majestic City Wall. Finally, head to the city's street food epicenter, the Muslim Quarter.
- Soak up Xian's signature sights in a group of no more than 10 people.
- Tour the terracotta army, Xian City Wall, and Muslim Quarter.
- Take it easy with door-to-door transfers.
- Discover Xian cuisine over lunch at a local restaurant (Optional).
7:30 am - 9:00 am, Hotel Pickup and Transfer to the Terracotta Warriors Museum.
Meet your guide in your hotel lobby at an appointed time. He/she will hold a sign with Trippest Logo and your name on it. Hotel pick-up and drop-off services are available within the third ring road of Xi'an. For the further distance, an extra cost may apply for transfer which you'll be notified by your travel operator.
It is approx 50 minutes to drive from downtown Xi'an to the Terracotta Warriors Museum. You will acquire rich background information about the city from your well-educated, expert guide. Being prepared with a little knowledge about the Terracotta Army beforehand is highly recommended for a perfect trip if you don't just want to see lots of similar-looking stone statues.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm, Visit the Terracotta Warriors.
Your exploration of the Terracotta Army site begins. Please follow your guide to discover the amazing terracotta warriors that were buried for more than 2,000 years and to hear interesting stories about China's first emperor — Emperor Qin Shi Huang (259–210 BC).
There are three pits in the museum. Our recommended visiting sequence is Pit 1 – Pit 2 – Pit 3 – Bronze Chariot Pit – the Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang as you will follow historical clues that lead from general to detailed information.
Pit 1 is the largest of the pits and it is estimated to house around 6,000 figures as well as a great quantity of bronze weaponry. You will be shocked by the large scale of the figures lining up, and will feel as if you have been taken back to the Qin Dynasty when the army of soldiers was waiting to go out to battle.
Pit 2 is not as large as Pit 1. It is estimated that the terracotta warriors and horses in this pit amount to 1,300 figures. However, the great variety makes it top-rated among all three pits.
Pit 3 is the smallest one with only 72 terracotta warriors and horses. It is believed that it served as the headquarters for the army, directing the warriors in Pit 1 and Pit 2.
The Bronze Chariot Pit exhibits two painted bronze chariots in a large scale. As burial objects, the bronze chariots represent Emperor Qin Shi Huang's vehicles. Crowned as "the King of Bronze Ware", the bronze chariots are the earliest, largest, and best-preserved bronze artifacts in the world.
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm, Lunch Break (not included in this pricing).
Lunch is not included in pricing, but we highly recommend you a local restaurant near the Terracotta Warriors Museum. There, You'll have the chance to taste the local people's favorite food, such as Rou Jia Mo (肉夹馍, we also call it a Chinese hamburger), Yang Rou Pao Mo (羊肉泡馍, pita bread soaked in lamb soup; your guide will show you how to break the bread into small pieces), noodles, and dumplings.
Please advise us of any dietary requirements on the tour, such as a vegetarian diet, Muslim food, gluten-free food, etc. so that the tour guide can make preparations in advance.
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm, Drive Back to Xi'an Ancient City Wall (East Gate).
After lunch, return to Xi'an for the next destination, Xi'an Ancient City Wall. A nap might be necessary for you to feel refreshed during a 50-minute driving back.
Xi'an Ancient City Wall was first built in the Ming Dynasty (1370–1378 AD) and is the largest and the best-maintained ancient city wall in China. It is shaped like a rectangle with a total length of 13.74 kilometers. The downtown part of Xi'an City is centered within this ancient city wall. There are four major gates (the north gate, the east gate, the south gate, and the west gate) of this city wall. Your visit will start from East Gate (Chang Le Gate).
We highly recommend you to take the eco-car running on the city wall (your guide will buy the tickets for you). This runs from East Gate – North Gate – West Gate – South Gate and you will meet your guide and the other tour members at South Gate at about 4:30pm (the Bicycle Service Station). But in summer, it is very hot on the wall, so we suggest you to ride the essential part of the City Wall from East Gate to South Gate only, which is about 3.5 kilometers.
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Visit Xi'an's Most Famous Food Street - Muslim Street.
The Muslim quarters lies 100 meters west of the Bell tower in downtown Xi'an. The 500 meters long avenue paved by blues tones are dotted with many unique stall, souvenir shop, café and bars which are mostly run by Muslim people. You'll see lots of featured foods and snacks. You can try some if you'd like to.
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm, Drive Back to Your Hotel or Stay in Muslim Street and Explore by Yourself.
Please make sure to reserve at least 3 hours if you want to catch an onward flight or 2 hours for an onward train. Please book the transfer with us in advance and tell us your flight (or train) number and departure time.
Know Before You Book
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel.
- Bottled water.
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses.
- Entry/Admission - Xi'an City Wall, including Bike or Eco-Car fee on the wall.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60 per capita, depending on appetite).
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Xi'an Airport or Xi'an Bei North Station transfer.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You must bring a valid passport when on the tour.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
- Minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 2 (negotiable). Maximum number of participants per tour is 10.
- Passport information is required for entrance ticket, please forward each individual traveler's full name and passport number at the time of booking.
- You will receive details about the tour guide and pickup in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you through hotel or leave a message for you about the exact pickup time the night before tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop off services are available within the 3rd Ring Zone of Xi'an City.
What If My Hotel Is Outside The Pickup Area？
If your hotel is outside of the 3rd Ring Zone in Xi'an, you can
- Book an additional transfer service with us, we will pick up from and return to your hotel, round-way: US$35. If your hotel is near airport, round-way: US$45.
- Meet your guide at the Bell Tower Hotel (Add: 110 South Street, Beilin District, Xi'an) at around 8:00 am. On the day before your tour, you will receive a text message or email about the pickup information.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking