Tianjin Day Tour: Huangyaguan Great Wall and Dule Temple
- 7 hours
- Private tour
Discover two of northeast China's historical treasures on a private day trip to Huangyaguan Great Wall and Dule Temple from downtown Tianjin. Absorb the scenery and history on a walk along the mountainous Huangyaguan section of the Great Wall, and visit the Dule Temple, one of China's oldest wooden shrines.
- Walk on the scenic and restored Huangyaguan section of China's Great Wall.
- Visit the Dule Temple, a wooden Buddhist temple dating from the Liao Period.
- Private air-conditioned transport, entrance fees, and pickup and drop-off from hotel included.
At around 8:00 am, your private tour guide, driver, and vehicle will pick you up from your hotel in Tianjin and drive to Huangyaguan Great Wall which runs on the ridge of mountains to the north of Tianjin. But if you want to start the tour a little late, please tell us at the time of booking.
The Great Wall at Huangyaguan Section
Huangyaguan Great Wall is listed as one of the cultural heritage of the world and one of the ten most popular attractions in Tianjin. It was initially built in Northern Qi Dynasty (550 A.D.- 577 A.D.) and later renovated and extended in Sui Dynasty (581 A.D. - 618 A.D.) as well as in Ming Dynasty (1368 A.D. - 1644 A.D.). The original wall of this section has a length of 26 miles (42 kilometers) but suffers extensive damage throughout its long history.
You will visit Dule Temple which is one of the three existing temples built in Liao Dynasty in China. The main architecture Guanyin Pavilion is 23 meters high. It is now the oldest wood-structured high-level pavilion. In addition, since the temple has been reconstructed, the pavilion has survived 28 earthquakes, which, in the history of architecture, is considered a miracle. The Guanyin Statue in the pavilion is now one of the largest ancient clay statues in China.
Know Before You Book
- Private knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide.
- Transport with reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle
- Tianjin central hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Huangyaguan Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Dule Temple
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60-80 per capita, depending on appetite).
- China visa
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Your valid passport and China visa.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact meeting time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also contact you through hotel or leave a message for you regarding the exact time the night before tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking