Private Day Tour: Huangyaguan Great Wall and Dule Temple from Tianjin Cruise Port
- 7 hours
- Private tour
This full-day private shore excursion will take you to explore two top of things to do in Tianjin but less crowded: Huangyaguan Great Wall and Dule Temple from Tianjin Cruise Terminal. Walk on the scenic and restored Huangyaguan section of China's Great Wall, and visit the Dule Temple, a wooden Buddhist temple dating from the Liao Period.
- Absorb the scenery and history on a walk along the Great Wall.
- Visit the Dule Temple, one of China's oldest wooden shrines.
- Private air-conditioned transport, entrance fees, and pickup and drop-off from cruise port included.
Meet your private guide and driver at Tianjin Cruise Port (Exit 3), and travel toward the Great Wall at Huangyaguan Section, where roughly 2.5 hours driving from cruise port.
On route, hear all about this section of the UNESCO-listed wall, which runs for 26 miles (46 kilometers) along mountain ridges north of Tianjin. Originally constructed under the Northern Qi dynasty during the 6th century, Huangyaguan was rebuilt in the Ming era between the 14th and 17th centuries, before several miles of it were again restored between 1984 and 1986.
On arrival, walk along the steeply stepped battlements, absorbing the spectacular views over the mountains and watchtowers disappearing into the distance.
Next, continue to the Dule Temple in Jixian. Hop outside with your guide and explore this exquisite temple, one of only three still surviving from China's Liao period between the 10th and 12th centuries, and made up of some of the country's oldest wooden buildings. Admire the elaborate timber structures on a guided stroll, seeing the ornate entrance gate, halls, and main pavilion, with its colossal clay statue of the goddess Guanyin.
Finally, return to cruise port.
Know Before You Book
- Private knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide.
- Transport with reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle
- Tianjin cruise terminal pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Huangyaguan Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Dule Temple
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60-80 per capita, depending on appetite).
- China visa
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring your valid passport and China visa.
- Lunch is not included in this tour. But you can have a lunch break at any time if needed, just let your tour guide know.
- The Ship Company will assign an appointed disembark time for each passenger in advance. Please specific your cruise ship information and disembarkation time at the time of booking.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking