Full-Day Koh Ker & Beng Mealea Join-in Tour from Siem Reap
- 8 hours
- Every day
- Group tour
OverviewJoin in this small group with a maximum of 10 people, free pickup and drop-off from/to your Siem Reap hotel by a certified English-speaking tour guide, discover the furthest and less crowded temples of Koh Ker and Beng Mealea remote, which are abandoned in the forest dating to the 10th -12th century.
77km away from Siem Reap, Beng Mealea is a recently-discovered temple which was built approximately in the 12th century by Suyavarman II. This site was added to the UNSCO world Heritage Tentative List on September 1, 1992 in the Cultural category. The complex locates inside the jungle forest stretching about 1 square kilometer. It was built as a Hindu temple, but there are some carving depicting Buddhist motifs. When you explore the broken galleries and the gaps in the ruins, you will find many secret passages, hidden archways and fallen masonry.
Koh Ker Temple
Abandoned to the forests of the north, Koh Ker, capital of the Angkorian empire from AD 928 to AD 944, is one of the most remote temple complexes around Angkor. Most visitors start at Prasat Krahom where impressive stone carvings grace lintels, doorposts and slender window columns. The principal monument is Mayan-looking Prasat Thom, a 55m-wide, 40m-high sandstone-faced pyramid whose seven tiers offer spectacular views across the forest.
Know before you book
- 2 Bottles of Cold Drinking Water.
- Pick-up & Drop-off at your Hotel.
- English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Air-conditioned Van/Mini Bus
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Beng Mealea entrance fee (US$ 5)
- Koh Ker entrance fee (USD$ 10)
What do I need to bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
What need to note？
- Koh Ker and Beng Mealea entrance tickets are not included.
- Children under 12 are allowed free entry. Bring your kids passport in case you need to show documentation.
- Respect the ancient religious grounds when you visit them. Wear a shirt that can cover your shoulders, and trousers or knee-length pants or skirts are permitted or you may be denied entry
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking