Located in Pudong, regarded as "a compass of Shanghai, China, Asia, and even the world", the Shanghai World Financial Center is an information hub for the economy, cultural flow, and knowledgeable communication.
Global players converge there to discover the freshest and most exciting financial information. The diverse functions of this skyscraper attract worldwide leaders and elites to gather there. It is also a haven for visitors to admire the rapidly developing city.
- Feel the charm of the world's financial magnet. The Shanghai World Financial Center is famous for its financial services and having the latest information.
- Explore this vertical garden in Shanghai. It is a skyscraper surrounded by beautiful natural scenery at ground level. Enjoying the precious landscape in the modern city is a special experience.
- Overlook the spectacular scenery of Shanghai there. The observation deck at 497 meters appears to be lying in the sky. Walking on it and touching the ground and sky at the same time is a must-do activity in Shanghai.
Facts and Travel Tips for the Shanghai World Financial Center
- Area: 381,600 square meters
- Height: 492 meters
- Opening times: 8am to 11pm
- Visiting hours: about 2–3 hours
- Famous attractions: sightseeing hall, sightseeing overpass
- Tickets: above 94 stories — 150 yuan; the 94th story — 120 yuan
- Building levels: 101 floors above the ground and three floors underground
- Best seasons: spring and autumn (April, May, September, and October)
- Location: 100 Century Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
- Chinese: 上海环球金融中心 (Shànghăihuánqíujīnróngzhōngxīn, shung-hi-hung-chyoh-jin-rong-jong-sshin)
- Bus lines: Take bus 1, 81, 82, 86, 96, 119, 583, 607, 792, 818, 985, 992, or 996. Get off at Lujiazui Station.
- Tunnel lines: Take Tunnel Line 3, 4, or 6. Get off at Lujiazui Station.
- Subway: Take Metro Line 2 and get off at Lujiazui Station.
Service Information for the Shanghai World Financial Center
- Location: 2F
- Contains: information inquiry, wheelchair rental, baby stroller rental, baby diapers, umbrella rental, lost and found section, free Wi-Fi
- Multifunctional restroom: located on 2F, has enough space for a wheelchair or baby stroller
- Nursery rooms: located on 2F and B1F, for lactating mothers
- Female powder room: on 2F
- Children's restroom: on 2F
- Smoking area: the deck on 2F; please only smoke in the appointed area
- Free Wi-Fi: free Wi-Fi coverage in public areas of the Shanghai World Financial Center
Highlights of the Shanghai World Financial Center
B2–B1F, 2–3F: Shops and Restaurants
On the bottom level of the Shanghai World Financial Center, there are various shops, cafés, and restaurants, which are designed to meet visitors' fundamental needs. You can easily find exquisite restaurants and delicious food there, no matter whether you're looking for breakfast in the morning or cocktails in the evening. When you feel tired during a shopping trip, you can spend some time in the afternoon at a cafe.
29F: Shanghai World Financial Culture and Media Center
There is a saying that the Shanghai World Financial Culture and Media Center is 'a gateway linking Shanghai to the rest of the world'. That's true. The Shanghai World Financial Culture and Media Center is a key place for global players to get the latest economic and cultural information.
As well as this, modern and luxurious facilities help you experience the liveliest cultural and financial exchanges as well as communication scenes, such as television studios, meeting spaces, and a comfortable lounge.
7–77F: Offices with Modern and Comprehensive Facilities
The 7–77F offices are designed for the first-tier multinationals. The Shanghai World Financial Center cost over one billion dollars and was constructed by over 40 enterprises from all over the world.
As the main section of this skyscraper, these offices provide the best business environment for the famous large-scale enterprises. Back-up power generators, a chilled water supply, and 24-hour tenant-managed air conditioning are the highlights of the comprehensive security systems and full facilities.
79–93F: Park Hyatt Shanghai
Park Hyatt Shanghai is the only international boutique hotel in Shanghai and belongs to the Hyatt group of hotels and resorts, which is spread across 45 countries. It was designed by Tony Chi (a New York based designer who won a prize) and his team.
His first vision was to create a modern version of a traditional Chinese residence fused with Chinese features and culture while providing a comfortable and safe guest room for each consumer. There are 174 guest rooms, including 14 suites. You can overlook the Huangpu River or Pudong skyline from every room. Admiring the scenery from such elegant accommodation is an enjoyable activity on your Shanghai trip list.
94, 97, 100F: SWFC Observatory
Experience the astonishingly fast elevator (traveling 8 meters only takes one second), which is called the "Sky Gate". Go to the SWFC Observatory to admire a commanding view of this prosperous modern city.
- Sky Arena 94 (423 meters): The 94th floor covers about 750 square meters and the ceiling height is 8 meters. Some high profile corporate events are often held there, including product launches, international fashion shows, celebratory banquets, and luxurious evening parties.
- Sky Walk 97 (439 meters): The 97th floor is at a height of 439 meters and has a breathtaking observation bridge. The observation bridge resembles a bridge across the sky. When you walk on it, you will feel as if you are floating in midair while you can touch the blue sky and white clouds easily.
- Observation Deck 100 (474 meters): Then enter the "city of the sky", which has a giant window soaring 474 meters above the ground. Look out across the beautiful scenery of the Huangpu River and prosperous Shanghai City.
Recommended Tours With Trippest
Whether your time is limited or you just want to experience the most authentic history and culture, Trippest has prepared some boutique tours (mini group tours with no more than 6 travelers) for you: