Mini Group: Zhujiajiao Water Village, SWFC Tower and The Bund
- 8 hours
- Every Mon, Fri, Sun
- Group tour
Hit Shanghai’s most impressive sights in a single, action-packed excursion during this full-day trip—perfect for first-timers. Explore both traditional and modern sides to the fast-paced city during a gondola ride over the centuries-old waterways of Zhujiajiao. You’ll also be treated to sky-high city views from a 100th-story tower, and enjoy a scenic walk along colonial-era houses in the cutting-edge Bund district.
- A full-day tour of Shanghai: Zhujiajiao Water Park, World Financial Center, and the Bund.
- Enjoy multiple fun-filled activities, from a gondola ride on the Yangtze River to a waterfront stroll.
- Hotel pickup from centrally-located hotels, making this a convenient, hassle-free excursion.
- Lunch in a savory restaurant with traditional food options (included).
8:00 - 9:30, Hotel Pick-up and Drive to Zhujiajiao Water Town
Your guide will be waiting for you in your hotel lobby in the morning at an appointed time around 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM, with holding your name sign or Trippest Logo.
9:30 - 11:30, Visit Zhujiajiao Water Village.
In centuries past Zhujiajiao (/joo-jyaa-jyaoww/) was a trading area: the many canals were used to ferry products along in little boats and barges. Boats are still very much part of the charm of the place. Small boats are ubiquitous there, functioning as a nice way to get a view of the town and experience local life. Your tour guide will help you explore three carefully-selected places along the waterway.
Kezhi (/ker-jrr/) Garden at the northern edge of the old district on Xijing Street is a garden dating back to 1912. "Kezhi" means 'Study Plants', and the garden was a place to see and learn about plants. You can get some excellent pictures, for example of bright yellow rapeseed flowers, in Kezhi Garden. The area consists of a main hall, a garden, and an artificial hill. The outstanding feature of the garden is a five-story building with a pavilion on its roof — the tallest structure in old Zhujiajiao.
Qing Dynasty Post Office: On Xihu (/sshee-hoo/ 'West Lake') Street there is a post office built in the Qing Dynasty (1644–1911), said to be the best preserved of its era in China. There are many exhibits: among them old letters written on bamboo and antique post cards of old Shanghai.
Fangsheng Bridge is one of the main attractions among the 36 ancient stone bridges, some only one yard wide. It was built in 1812, and is said to be the largest stone arch bridge in Shanghai, resting on five arches, about 70 meters long, and 5.8 meters tall.
You will be taking a gondola with our guide on the waterway to view the face of old town from a different angle at your pace.
11:30 - 12:30, Lunch in the Water Town.
Stop at our well-selected local restaurant and have a rest and grab a bite of some-enjoyable local Shanghai dishes.
The restaurant has an excellent waterway view. Open the window on the second floor and you will have a nice view of the weeping willow trees swaying in the wind, gondolas gliding along the waterway, and local life in the village.
12:30 - 16:00, Return to Shanghai and visit the SWFC Tower.
The SWFC Tower is the world's tenth tallest building (492 m), and the fifth tallest in Mainland China . The 100th floor has a viewing gallery 55 meters long — the third highest observation deck in China, after the Canton Tower and Shenzhen IFC, and fourth highest in the world (the Burj Khalifa's is highest) .
As one of the most popular attractions in Shanghai, the World Financial Center receives many tourists every day. Usually people have to stand in a queue for at least half an hour! Your tour guide will buy the tickets on-line in advance so that you will NOT need to stand in a boring long queue.
16:00 - 17:00, Walking on the Bund.
This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
17:00 - 17:30, Return to Your Hotel or Onward Transport.
This is for the day, your guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel for about 1/2 hours. If you need to catch a flight or a train after the tour we are more than happy to help you arrange it. Please book additional airport transfer for your onward flight.
Know before you book
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off services are available within the middle ring zone of Shanghai.
- Friendly English-speaking tour guide service.
- Lunch at a local restaurant in the water village.
- Bottled water.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entry/Admission - Zhujiajiao Ancient Town (including Kezhi Garden, Qing Dynasty Post Office and Fangsheng Bridge and a gondola tour.)
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai World Financial Center
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person).
- China Visa
- Hotel accommodation
- Airport Transfer
What do I need to bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
What need to note？
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the Middle Ring Zone of Shanghai.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also contact you through hotel or leave a message for you regarding the exact pickup time the night before tour.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We try to meet individual requirement but can NOT 100% satisfy. Thank you for your understanding.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate.
- This tour will have a maximum of 6 travelers. If your booking has more than 6 people, all of you will be upgraded to a private tour group without other participants.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event