Mini Group: Zhujiajiao Water Village, SWFC Tower and The Bund
- 8 hours
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 10)
Hit Shanghai's most impressive sights in a single, action-packed excursion during this full-day trip - perfect for first-timers. Explore both traditional and modern sides to the fast-paced city during a gondola ride over the centuries-old waterways of Zhujiajiao. You'll also be treated to sky-high city views from a 100th-story tower, and enjoy a scenic walk along colonial-era houses in the cutting-edge Bund district.
- A full-day tour of Shanghai: Zhujiajiao Water Park, World Financial Center, and the Bund.
- Enjoy multiple fun-filled activities, from a gondola ride in the water twon to a waterfront stroll.
- Small-group tour, with a maximum of 10 travelers.
8:00 am, Meet on Location
This tour has no pick-up service, please make your way to our meeting point below:
Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World (Address: Nanjing West Road 88, 200126 Shanghai, CN)
Your guide will be waiting for you in the hotel lobby in the morning with hold a Trippest logo sign. Show our confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle.
8:00 am - 12:30 pm, Visit Zhujiajiao Water Village.
In centuries past Zhujiajiao (/joo-jyaa-jyaoww/) was a trading area: the many canals were used to ferry products along in little boats and barges. Boats are still very much part of the charm of the place. Small boats are ubiquitous there, functioning as a nice way to get a view of the town and experience local life. Your tour guide will help you explore three carefully-selected places along the waterway.
Kezhi (/ker-jrr/) Garden at the northern edge of the old district on Xijing Street is a garden dating back to 1912. "Kezhi" means 'Study Plants', and the garden was a place to see and learn about plants. You can get some excellent pictures, for example of bright yellow rapeseed flowers, in Kezhi Garden. The area consists of a main hall, a garden, and an artificial hill. The outstanding feature of the garden is a five-story building with a pavilion on its roof — the tallest structure in old Zhujiajiao.
Qing Dynasty Post Office: On Xihu (/sshee-hoo/ 'West Lake') Street there is a post office built in the Qing Dynasty (1644–1911), said to be the best preserved of its era in China. There are many exhibits: among them old letters written on bamboo and antique post cards of old Shanghai.
Fangsheng Bridge is one of the main attractions among the 36 ancient stone bridges, some only one yard wide. It was built in 1812, and is said to be the largest stone arch bridge in Shanghai, resting on five arches, about 70 meters long, and 5.8 meters tall.
You will be taking a gondola with our guide on the waterway to view the face of old town from a different angle at your pace.
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm, Return to Shanghai and visit the SWFC Tower.
The SWFC Tower is the world's tenth tallest building (492 m), and the fifth tallest in Mainland China . The 100th floor has a viewing gallery 55 meters long — the third highest observation deck in China, after the Canton Tower and Shenzhen IFC, and fourth highest in the world (the Burj Khalifa's is highest) .
As one of the most popular attractions in Shanghai, the World Financial Center receives many tourists every day. Usually people have to stand in a queue for at least half an hour! Your tour guide will buy the tickets on-line in advance so that you will NOT need to stand in a boring long queue.
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Walking on the Bund.
This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Tour Comes to an End.
This tour will end here at the Bund. You can explore the rest of day by yourself. If you need to catch a flight or a train after the tour we are more than happy to help you arrange it. Please book additional airport transfer for your onward flight.
Know Before You Book
- Friendly English-speaking tour guide service.
- Bottled water.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entry/Admission - Zhujiajiao Ancient Town (including a gondola tour.)
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai World Financial Center
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60-80 per capita, depending on appetite).
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- China Visa
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport transfer.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting at the meeting point 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
- Minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 2 (negotiable). Maximum number of participants per tour is 10.
- This experience has no pick-up service, you have to make your way to our meeting point.
- We also can provide an additional transfer service from your hotel to meeting point, or your hotel to airport/train station, let us know while we are happy to help you arrange it.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking