Mini Group: One-Day Zhouzhuang and Jinxi Water Town Tour
- 8 hours
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 10)
Explore two of China's water towns on this Zhouzhuang and Jinxi day trip from Shanghai. Discover Zhouzhuang, a canal-woven settlement considered one of the world's most beautiful towns. Ride a gondola to see the waterfront bustle and view three courtyard houses. After lunch, continue to quieter, 2000-year-old Jinxi, famous for its 36 bridges and especially photogenic in the afternoon light. Air-conditioned transport, town admission fees included.
- Take a full-day panoramic tour of China's own Venice, the water towns
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Small-group tour, with a maximum of 10 travelers
8:00 am, Meet on Location.
This tour has no pick-up service, please make your way to our meeting point below:
Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World (Address: Nanjing West Road 88, 200126 Shanghai, CN)
Your guide will be waiting for you in the hotel lobby in the morning with hold a Trippest logo sign. Show our confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle.
8:00 am - 12:30 pm, Visit Zhouzhuang Water Town.
After 1.5-hour driving, you will arrive the first destination: Zhouzhuang Water Town. Zhouzhuang is a town with an ancient culture Southern China. The town is surrounded by water and has many small streams running through the town. Stone bridges and old residences with black tiles and white wells are a feature its charm. Visitors may explore the picturesque narrow canals, little streets, bridges and visit Shen House, Zhang House and eat the local fish or other local delicacies while enjoying the balladeers in the waterside tea houses. The drive from Suzhou passes through fertile farmlands of lakes and canals which are filled with barges and ducks.
Shen's House is southeast of Fu'an Bridge on Nanshi Street. Shen Benren built it in 1742. The compound has seven courtyards, five archways, and more than 100 rooms. It covers an area of 2,000 square meters. There is a gate and wharf for mooring boats.
Zhang's House is south of the Twin Bridges on Beishi Street. It was built between 1436 and 1449 and covers 1,800 square meters or about half an acre. The house has six courtyards and more than 70 rooms. A square pool was built in the middle section. It is an important historical building.
Ye Chucang's Residence: Ye Chucang (1887–1946) was a poet and a statesman. He was known for organizing a group of young people to publicize against gambling and opium and steer people away it. It is on Xiwan Street and has five courtyards. The Main Hall was his studio, and the Rear Hall was a place where he received friends.
Take a boat to enjoy a leisure journey in Zhouzhuang Ancient Water Town is highly recommended. You will see Water Lanes & Stone Bridges, glance at local people's life on the canal.
Enjoy your lunch if you want to overlook the beautiful water town's scenery from a riverside restaurant. The tour guide will recommend you some well-selected restaurants. Lunch fee is at your own expense.
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm, Visit Jinxi Ancient Town.
Compared with other ancient towns in China, Jinxi Ancient Town is simpler, less sophisticated, and quiet. It is a small town (only one square kilometer in area) that has 16 lakes and 238 rivers. The town also has 36 ancient bridges spanning the rivers. The bridges represent various styles and were built during different periods in history.
The town has many museums, such as the first museum of antique tiles and bricks in China, the "red porcelain products museum" and the "root caving museum of China." and your guide will take you to see all of them.
Besides, Jinxi water town is famous for its picturesque scenery, it's enjoy history for over 2000 years, and most of the architectures there are still keep its original looks, photo on them would be definitely a "must do" on your travel schedule, you will have sufficient time to taking photos.
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Return to Your Hotel or Onward Transport.
At the end of the tour, we will transfer you back to meeting point. We hope that you have a good time today! If you need to catch a flight or a train after the tour we are more than happy to help you arrange it. Please book additional airport transfer for your onward flight.
Know Before You Book
- English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Zhouzhuang Water Town (including a gondola tour)
- Entry/Admission - Jinxi Ancient Town
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60-80 per capita, depending on appetite).
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- China Visa
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport transfer.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting at the meeting point 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
- Minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 2 (negotiable). Maximum number of participants per tour is 10.
- This experience has no pick-up service, you have to make your way to our meeting point.
- We also can provide an additional transfer service from your hotel to meeting point, or your hotel to airport/train station, let us know while we are happy to help you arrange it.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking