3-Hour Shanghai Former French Concession Walking Tour
- 3 hours
- Private tour
Wukang Road located in the northeast of Xuhui District, it stretches 1.17 KM long. Originally built in 1907, the road is the representative of the typical garden style residential complex in the French Concession. Wukang road is famous for its elegant and quiet environment, in 2011, it was entitled "Shanghai Wukang Road Historic Culture Street". Go with your local guide on this walking tour to explore Shanghai's colonial legacy and learn the history of Shanghai's colonia past.
- Impressed route gives you a full history of the French Concession.
- Learn in-depth Shanghai's culture from a knowledgeable guide.
- Walk into Shikumen building to see civilians' crowded living condition.
Originally named (I.S.S Normandy Apartments). It was designed by the famous architect Ladislaus HUDEC of Curry & Co. built in 1924. It firstly brings the concept of the exterior corridor to Shanghai.
Soong Ching Ling Memorial Residence
Soong Ching Ling was the former vice chairman of the People's Republic of China. She devoted her whole life to defending the republic system and the birth of a new China. Held in high respect to her spirit and great devotion, Chinese people regard her as their national mother and a treasure of China.
Chinese Hidden Propaganda Poster Art Center
The museum was founded by Yang Pei Ming, who grew fascinated by both the poster art and China's unusual history. Now the museum has a collection of over 6,000 Chinese propaganda posters from 1940 to 1990, with an additional collection of hundreds of Shanghai Lady Calendar posters from 1910 to 1940. It's a special window into a different side of Chinese culture. It's also a great stop for special Chinese-style souvenirs, which can only be found in this center.
Know Before You Book
- Knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide
- A cup of coffee in a Café
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service.
- Tipping of guide recommended on good service.
- Any other personal expenses during tour.
- This tour has no pick-up service, you have to make your way to our meeting point.
- We also can provide an additional transfer service from your hotel to meeting point, or your hotel to airport/train station, let us know while we are happy to help you arrange it.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking