Eat with Locals: Shanghai Breakfast Food Tour
- Approx. 2 hours
- Shanghai Activity
There is a Chinese saying that "Eat well for breakfast, eat full for lunch, and eat less for dinner." For most of us, breakfast is the most important meal in a day. Take a break from your coffee and donuts fare and do some walking in the morning to build up an appetite and load up on carbs. Dive into culture and great interactions with the locals and learn about each other.
All eateries are well-selected within walking distance, approx. 10-15 minutes walking from each other. Accompanied by one of our local foodie guides, you will learn about Shanghai's famously food-obsessed culture and savor its best-loved dishes at hidden-away neighborhood gems, see how Shanghai locals start their day with some of the best breakfast. All our foodie guides are Shanghai locals who love to share their stories about living in Shanghai. If you are a Shanghai expat, you will get plenty of advice along the way.
Food Dishes Highlights: Shengjianbao, Lamb Kebabs, Pan-fried Beef Dumplings, Fresh Ribs with Rice Cake, Soybean Mil, Deep-fried Dough Stick, seasonal foods like Xiaolongbao with Crab Meat, etc. You will try 3-4 items of them. Come Hungry!
Know Before You Book
- Local English-speaking foodie guide.
- 3-4 dishes of breakfast food
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service.
- Tipping of guide recommended on good service.
- Any other personal expenses during tour.
- This tour has no pick-up service, you have to make your way to our meeting point.
- We also can provide an additional transfer service from your hotel to meeting point, or your hotel to airport/train station, let us know while we are happy to help you arrange it.
- Come hungry or eat little before tour. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking