3-Hour Chinese Kitchen Cooking Class: Xiaolongbao Soup Dumplings
- 3 hours
- Every day
- Group tour
Known as soup buns or soup dumplings in English, this Shanghai dish is beloved throughout China and the world. Unlike dumplings or baozi, this little bundle of joy contains delicious soup inside. An elusive perfect xiaolongbao has a delicate skin surrounding the savory soup that bursts open with the first bite.
You'll learn how to make both dough and filling with fragrant Chinese spices in a class where I also reveal how soup can be wrapped in a xiaolongbao, which is a type of dumpling. You will cook the xiaolongbaos in two ways, and you will learn how to make a yummy Chinese sauce to go with the xiaolongbaos. Finally, it's time to enjoy our hand-made xiaolongbaos together!
Xiaolongbao Soup Dumplings
10:00 am: Meet at the cooking studio.
10:20 am: Introduction of the cooking culture and local ingredient.
11:00 am: Cooking session.
12:00 pm: Enjoy the meal with the class.
12:30 pm: End of the class with recipe.
Know Before You Book
- Cooking class
- Vegan vegetarian applicable.
- Complimentary tea
- Friendly and passionate English-speaking chef
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services.
- Personal expenses.
- The class is vegetarian-friendly, please write down your food preference at the time of booking.
- Children under 3 years old are free to join the class.
- Meet at the cooking studio on your own transportation.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking