Luoyang Private Tour: Longmen Grottoes and White Horse Temple
- 8 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
Luoyang had served as the ancient capital of 13 dynasties over the past 5000 years. Take this private full-day tour and visit the two must-see attractions of Luoyang - Longmen Grottoes and White Horse Temple.
Be amazed by Longmen Grottoes, one of the most famous grottoes in China and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and White Horse Temple as the cradle land of Buddhism in China. Learn the history and local stories from your private tour guide while enjoying the beautiful city!
- Visit UNESCO-listed Longmen, home to some of China's richest stone art
- View the caves and niches filled with thousands of Buddhist statues
- Explore the White Horse Temple, a sacred Buddhist complex from 68 AD
- Enjoy a lunch of popular regional dishes at a local restaurant
- Round-trip private transport, entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your tour guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Luoyang City at 8:30 AM. If you take a train to/from Luoyang, please provide your train information at the time of booking. After greeting, you will start this exciting tour. Longmen Grottoes is one of the most famous grottoes in China and a World Heritage Site enlisted the UNESCO. There are about 2,100 grottoes and niches, 40 crematory urns, 3,600 inscribed stone tablets and 100,000 Buddhist images and statues. These live cultural relics lie amid green mountains and serpentine rivers.
White Horse Temple
Lunch will be arranged at a local restaurant serving authentic Chinese dishes, very popular among local people. In the afternoon, visit White Horse Temple, backed by Mangshan Mountain and facing the Luohe River. White Horse Temple is regarded as the cradle land of Buddhism in China. In history, highly accomplished Buddhist monks from China, even world renowned Buddhist monks from abroad used to pay visits to White Horse Temple in pursuit of Buddhism inspirations and wisdom. When the tour ends, you will be transferred back to your hotel, or to Luoyang Longmen Station for onward train.
Know Before You Book
- Hotel (or Luoyang Longmen Train Station) pickup and drop-off in Luoyang City.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transfer by reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at a local popular restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Longmen Grottoes
- Entry/Admission - White Horse Temple
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport transfer.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Cost for Children is the same as adults. Infant (age< 2) free.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We try to meet individual requirement but can NOT 100% satisfy. Thank you for your understanding.
- We also can pick up from Luoyang Longmen Railway Station. Please enter your train information in the blank of pickup location at the time of booking.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking