Private Half-Day Tour: Old Town of Lijiang and Black Dragon Pond Park
- 4 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
Step back in time at the Old Town of Lijiang and Black Dragon Pond Park on this 4-hour private tour. With a private guide to provide illuminating commentary, travel by air-conditioned vehicle to the UNESCO World Heritage-protected old town. Learn about its rich Naxi culture, and admire the carved, timber-and-tile houses, narrow lanes and gardens. Stroll around the beautiful Black Dragon Pond Park, a crystal lake overlooked by snow-capped Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, and explore Naxi culture through the artifacts at the Dongba Culture Research Center and Museum.
Old Town of Lijiang
At 8:30 am or 2 pm based on your selection, your private English-speaking tour guide and vehicle will pick you up from your hotel and chauffeur you to the old town of Lijiang which is located in the town of Dayan, a primarily Naxi ethnic group settlement originally built during the Southern Song Dynasty (1127 - 1279) over eight centuries ago to experience the lifestyle of locals ethnic group.
Black Dragon Pond ParkNext, you will be guided to visit the Black Dragon Pond Park to see its famous limpid pool. Then, you will continue to Dongba Culture Research Center and a small museum to discover the history, art, and culture of mysterious Dongba ethnic group. After the museum visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel where this tour concludes.
Know Before You Book
- English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off with a private vehicle
- Entrance fee
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (recommended)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also contact you through hotel or leave a message for you regarding the exact pickup time the night before tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking