Private Tour From Lijiang: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Baisha and Longquan Village
- 7 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
Experience Lijiang’s outlying scenic wonders and time-warp villages on a 7-hour private trip to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Baisha and Longquan Village. Ride a cable car up legend-shrouded Jade Dragon Snow Mountain for stunning views of its glacier and peaks, and visit the traditional Naxi villages of Baisha and Longquan to discover the customs of this ancient ethnic community.
- View the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, capped by a gigantic glacier Ride a cable car up the slopes for glacier and mountain views.
- Visit the village of Baisha and Longquan to see its murals and learn about its Naxi peoples, culture and customs.
- Your tour includes entrance fees, lunch, private transport, and Lijiang hotel pickup and drop-off.
After pickup from your Lijiang hotel, enjoy the views as you journey north by private, air-conditioned vehicle to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
On route, learn the history of this revered mountain range, and hear some of the archaic legends that surround it. Consisting of 13 peaks, the 22-mile (35-kilometer) range hosts the southernmost glacier in the northern hemisphere, and gets its name from its resemblance to a snow-laden dragon - one of China's enduring symbols.
On arrival, ride a cable car to a scenic viewing point, and marvel at the spectacular glacier and mountain views. Then, after descending, continue to the village of Baisha, set beneath the mountain, and a traditional home of the Naxi people. This ethnic community is descended from nomadic clans, and boast a distinctive culture, language and traditions.
Stroll through the village, and admire its wooden temples and precious murals: a series of religious paintings that depict stories from Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, and Taoism.
Enjoy an authentic Chinese lunch at a local restaurant, and then continue to Longquan, a quintessential example of a Naxi village. Learn more about Naxi culture and customs in this quaint settlement before your trip concludes with a Lijiang hotel drop-off.
Know Before You Book
- Friendly and experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Transfer by reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle
- All entrance fees in the tour
- Cable car at Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport transfer
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also contact you through hotel or leave a message for you regarding the exact pickup time the night before tour.
- While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can ensure you'll enjoy this trip.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking