Kunming Classic Tour: Daguan Pavilion, Yuantong Temple, Green Lake Park
- 6 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
Get to know Kunming's highlights, including its cuisine and most colorful market, on this 6-hour sightseeing tour. Admire the traditional Chinese architecture of the Daguan Pavilion and Yuantong Temple, and delve into the famous Flowers and Birds Market of Kunming. Plus, break off from your explorations for a delicious local lunch.
- Visit the 19th-century Daguan Pavilion overlooking Dianchi Lake in Daguan Park.
- Explore the Yuantong Temple, Kunming's largest and most important Buddhist temple.
- Stroll through the Flowers and Birds Market of Kunming.
- Private round-trip transportation including kunming hotel pickup and drop-off.
Daguan Pavilion (Daguan Yuan Park)
You will visit Daguan Pavilion, which is located at the terminus of Daguan Road and is 6 km from the city center, near Dianchi Lake and facing Taihua Mountain which is on the other side of Dianchi Lake. Completed in 1690 during the Qing Dynasty, the park consists of hills, ponds, pavilions and rockeries in a style similar to that of the gardens of the Yangtze River Delta. Its lovely gardens and buildings have won the name of "West Lake Junior" commanding a panoramic view of Dianchi Lake with the charming Sleeping Beauty Hill in the background.
Next, continue on to Yuantong Temple, the largest temple in Kunming with 1,200 years of history. Explore the temple and admire its ancient architecture as your guide briefs you on the story behind it. Yuantong Temple is one of the grandest and most important Buddhist temple in Yunnan Province. After the temple, take break for lunch at a well-known local restaurant for about an hour.
Green Lake Park
Green Lake Park is one of the most picturesque parks in downtown Kunming. There are nine spring outlets at north of the lake, so it was also named "Nine Dragon Pond" in ancient times. Here you may take a leisure walk or enjoy the performance (playing Taiji, Mahjong and local operal) by local people. The most interesting thing is some local people dance together, wearing their traditional dress and gentlemen play traditional instrument. You are welcome to join them.
Flowers and Birds Market of Kunming
The famous Flowers and Birds Market is one of the most attractive places in the city, where spring reigns all year. It's a comprehensive public spot for leisure, shopping, and trading. You will see shops and stalls of all sorts, especially those featuring flowers, birds, and fish. This Market is also a popular trading place for antiques. It is a treasure trove for souvenirs. Prices are reasonable, and you can bargain with shopkeepers. Beware of fakes.
Know Before You Book
- Friendly English-speaking tour guide.
- Transfer by reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle.
- All entrance tickets as listed in the itinerary.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport transfer
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also contact you through hotel or leave a message for you regarding the exact pickup time the night before tour.
- While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can ensure you'll enjoy this trip.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking