3-Day Yellow Mountains, Hongcun Village and Tunxi Ancient Street Private Tour
- 3 days
- Every day
- Private tour
Ride Yungu cable car up Mt. Huangshan, and then go on a hike based upon your fitness level. See Xihai Grand Canyon and Black Tiger Pine along the way. End your tour with a visit to Hongcun ancient village and Tunxi Old Street in Huangshan City.
Huangshan Arrival, the Hongcun and Tunxi Ancient Street Tour
Via bus, flight or train, no matter how you will travel to Huangshan, your private guide and driver will be ready and waiting for you with a sign of your name, ensuring a comfortable and efficient transfer.
Enjoy an authentic Hui style lunch in a local restaurant, you will continue on to one of China's most beautiful ancient villages -Hongcun Village, a charming ancient village with a history of over 800 years. The village will show you the original Hui style architecture (a type of traditional Chinese architecture).
Tunxi Ancient Street is located in the center of the old city of Tunxi, there are hundreds of old but well preserved rows of shops, evoking a bygone era in buildings that are simple and elegant. There you can enjoy a leisurely walk among the ancient buildings and look around to search for a bargain.
The Yellow Mountains Tour(day 2)
Today you will spend a day and a night on the Yellow Mountains. It takes about one hour from central Huangshan City to reach the foot of the Yellow Mountains. Your appreciation of the graceful Yellow Mountains begins with the Yungu cable car (a round-trip cable car is included). Don't miss the magnificent scenery along your 10-minute journey.
Your guide, who spends over 200 days on the mountains every year, will customize the route for you.
For an energetic hiker in good shape: Descend the cable car, walk for about 30 minutes via mostly down stairs to arrive at the hotel, and see Umbrella Pine and Black Tiger Pine along the way. After buffet lunch at the hotel, explore the West Sea Grand Canyon. The whole hiking trip lasts for over three hours, covering the 1st ring, 2nd ring, and bottom of the canyon. If time and strength permit, you can further explore the Flying-over Rock and watch the sunset at Bright Top. It takes about 40 minutes to get from Bright Top back to the hotel.
For beginners, children, and senior citizens: Get off the cable car, walk for about 30 minutes to the hotel, and see Black Tiger Pine and Dream Flower Pine on the way. After buffet lunch at the hotel, walk to West Sea Grand Canyon. You can decide how long you would like to walk for: reaching the 1st ring and returning takes about two hours; reaching the 2nd ring and returning takes about 2½ hours. Then enjoy the sunset at Cloud-dispelling Pavilion. It takes about 30 minutes to get back to the hotel.
Huangshan Departure(day 3)
Rise early and take the chance to photograph the sunrise at Refreshing Terrace, which is highly recommended by our past customers who have visited the Yellow Mountains. After breakfast in the hotel, walk to Lion Peak to see the Dawn Pavilion, Stone Monkey Watching the Sea, and all shapes of pines along the route. You can also climb up to Beginning-to-Believe Peak and overlook the Mushroom Pavilion. Your discovery of the Yellow Mountains will finish with the Yungu Cable Car journey.
Your guide will handle your luggage, transfer, and accompany you to the train/bus station or the correct check-in desk at the airport for your departure.
Know before you book
- Meals: Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 2
- 2 nights accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking professional guide
- Round-trip private transfer from/to airport.
- All entrance tickets as listed in the itinerary.
- Round-trip cable car on the mountain.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation to/from Huangshan.
- Personal expenses.
What do I need to bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
What need to note？
- Please select the hotel level at the time of booking.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking - this tour requires around 5 km of easy walk and climbing up a small hill (at your will)
- Please take a small bag or backpack for your overnight stay on the mountain. Your guide will assist you with storing your big suitcase in your hotel in Tunxi. You can collect it on your way back. You can also store the luggage at the foot of the mountain. The cost is about CNY20 (US$4) for each piece.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 72 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking