Private Chongqing Day Tour: Panda, E'ling Park, Three Gorges Museum
- Approx. 7 hours
- Private tour
Admire giant pandas at Chongqing Zoo, a breeding center for this endangered species, stroll through the lovely landscapes of Eling Park, explore Ciqikou, Chongqing's old city, and visit the Three Gorges Museum. Tour includes lunch.
Panda Breeding Center (Chongqing Zoo)
Chongqing Zoo occupies an area of 45 hectares. There are some rare animals including Golden hair monkeys and South China Tigers. In Panda Room, visitors can see the giant and lesser pandas and their offspring. In the mornings, many local people practice Tai chi at the zoo. Join them if you wish.
Very popular with the locals who come here to enjoy the gardens, play Mahjohngg, make music or just relax. Nice views over the river and Chongqing, there are also a number of interesting buildings and former Embassies in the grounds, plus an enormous long painting of the Yangtze.
This lively old area has been partly restored, and remains an authentic and busy community. The old wooden houses and narrow streets furthest from the river are mostly unimproved, closer to the river there are craft and souvenir shops, teahouses and music, and lots of local food and snacks. The locals certainly love their food – this is a good chance to try some.
Three Gorges Museum
The best exhibits are those on the history of the Yangtze and, of course, the Dam. It also houses some excellent stone and terracotta sculptures, art and interesting artifacts, items from the war years, and temporary exhibitions. The museum faces the impressive People's Hall, built to resemble the Temple of Heaven, across a lively square, itself a hub of activity. Please be noted: Museum is closed on Mondays.
Know Before You Book
- Friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from downtown Chongqing hotels
- Entry/Admission - Chongqing Zoo.
- Entry/Admission - E'ling Park (free of charge).
- Entry/Admission - Three Gorges Museum (free of charge).
- Lunch fee (RMB 60 per capita, depending on appetite).
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
What Do I Need to Bring?
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Infant seats unavailable
- Hotel pick-up area should be within central Chongqing City.
- The Three Gorges Museum is closed on Mondays. We will arrange other sightseeing places instead according to current situation.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking