Private Day Tour: Dujiangyan Panda Base and Irrigation Project
- Approx. 8 hours
- Private tour
See giant pandas at Dujiangyan Panda Base, a research and conservation center on this 8-hour private tour. Visit the Dujiangyan Irrigation Project, which is the oldest and only non-dam irrigation system in the world that was constructed over 2,000 years ago. Enjoy the convenience of a hotel pickup and drop-off, private tour guide, driver, vehicle and Chinese lunch.
Dujiangyan Panda Base
The Panda Breeding and Research Center is home to over 50 giant pandas, red pandas, and some other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, walk among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and view the pandas at rest or play.
The sprawling 1.4-square-kilometer base is divided into seven individual zones for researching or caring for giant pandas, including a disease control area, a quarantine and isolation zone, a rehabilitation training area, a public education area, a natural landscape area, and an office.
There are five panda breeding stations in Dujiangyan Panda Base and Shuangnan Garden, Diequan Garden, Panpan Garden, and Linze Garden are open to the public.
Dujiangyan Irrigation Project
This ancient waterworks about 60 km northwest of Chengdu transformed the region. It is an amazing feat of engineering and construction and is a wonder of the world, and is a UNESCO world heritage site. This waterworks is still used to irrigate 5,300 square kilometers of land in the region. For thousands of years, it has helped to make Sichuan a prosperous agricultural province in China. It was used to not only control flooding on the Min River, but also to irrigate an arid region on the other side of a mountain around Chengdu. Visitors to the site will gain an appreciation of the ingenuity and history of people of the Qin Dynasty over 2000 years ago.
Know Before You Book
- English-speaking professional tour guide service.
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Panda Base.
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Irrigation Project.
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport transfer.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you via hotel or leave a message for you about pickup time the night before tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 3rd Ring Zone of Chengdu City.
- we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities, please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can ensure you'll enjoy this trip.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking