Private Day Tour: Dujiangyan Panda Base and Irrigation Project
- 8 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
See giant pandas at Dujiangyan Panda Base, a research and conservation center on this 8-hour private tour. Visit the Dujiangyan Irrigation Project, which is the oldest and only non-dam irrigation system in the world that was constructed over 2,000 years ago. Enjoy the convenience of a hotel pickup and drop-off, private tour guide, driver, vehicle and Chinese lunch.
Dujiangyan Panda Base
The Panda Breeding and Research Center is home to over 50 giant pandas, red pandas, and some other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, walk among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and view the pandas at rest or play. Enjoy authentic local food for lunch.
Dujiangyan Irrigation System
This ancient waterworks about 60 km northwest of Chengdu transformed the region. It is an amazing feat of engineering and construction and is a wonder of the world, and is a UNESCO world heritage site. This waterworks is still used to irrigate 5,300 square kilometers of land in the region. For thousands of years, it has helped to make Sichuan a prosperous agricultural province in China. It was used to not only control flooding on the Min River, but also to irrigate an arid region on the other side of a mountain around Chengdu. Visitors to the site will gain an appreciation of the ingenuity and history of people of the Qin Dynasty over 2000 years ago.
Know before you book
- English-speaking professional tour guide service.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Admission tickets to Panda Base and Dujiangyan Irrigation Project.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Airport transfer.
- Panda Volunteer Tour
What do I need to bring?
Your valid passport.
What need to note？
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you via hotel or leave a message for you about pickup time the night before tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 3rd Ring Zone of Chengdu City.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event