Mini Group: Half-Day Chengdu Pandas and Optional Hotpot Tour
- 5 hours
- Every day
- Group tour
With our carefully-designed half-day tour, you'll enjoy spending time with these black and white bears, exploring the local cuisine-rich culture and the laid-back lifestyle, and having a tasty hot pot or local snacks.
- Get a close-up look at giant pandas of all ages at the Chengdu Research Base.
- Savor the signature numbing hot flavor of Sichuan hotpot
- Free upgrade to a private tour for groups of six or more
- Small-group door-to-door transfers
A Welcome Call Before Your Day Trip
You’ll receive a welcome call from your guide via hotel, he/she will tell you the exact pick-up time for the next day’s trip. If you are not available at that moment, the tour guide will leave a message for you.
7:30 - 8:40: Hotel Pickup and Drive to Chengdu Panda Base
You will find your guide waiting for you at a previously agreed place, which is usually your hotel’s lobby, at an appointed time. For easy recognition, your guide will be holding a Trippest banner and your name.
You will then link up with your group, which will have a maximum of six members. This mini group tour is good for you to have a better experience. After collecting all of your group members, you will head to your first destination where you will have the opportunity to see giant pandas.
9:00 - 11:00: Visit Pandas
Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas. The trips are designed to make sure that you enjoy a good day without wasting any time so you can spend more time with these cute pandas. Staring at them and not having to do anything alone ensures you have a delightful time. Enjoy the peaceful time available with the pandas and commit the experience to memory by taking photos and videos.
1. Carry a long lens if you want detailed pictures of the giant pandas. Keep in mind that you mustn’t use your flash when taking photos. Because panda’s eyes are very sensitive to light.
2. You should also resist the urge to feed the pandas. They have their own nutrition recipes. Your food is not good for them.
3. Don’t shout at the pandas, no matter how excited you are. They just don’t like to being disturbed.
11:00 - 13:00: Optional Hot Pot Lunch or Your Own Free Time.
Say goodbye to these cute babies and then we are off to downtown of Chengdu city. Lunch is optional.
If you are a foodie, I highly recommend you to try the most popular local food in Chengdu - Hotpot, and other snacks like noodles, Mapo Tofu, Chengdu pancakes, etc. Your guide would love to help you with ordering food, introduce Chengdu cuisines culture and show you the process of eating hotpot. You will be arranged to enjoy lunch with local people so that you can understand more about the local culture and lifestyle. Don't worry if you are not a fan of spicy food as the tour guide can recommend other dishes for you to eat. (Please note: the tour guide will not accompany you till you finish the lunch. You need to arrange your own transportation back to your hotel or onward trip. Don't panic, the tour guide will tell you the best route before he/she leaves.)
If you want to skip the lunch, you will be transferred back to your hotel or dropped you at downtown then you can make the arrangements on your own for the rest of the day.
Know before you book
- Hotel pickup service is available within the 3rd Ring Zone of Chengdu City
- English-speaking professional tour guide service
- Bottled water
- Admission ticket to Panda Base
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person).
- Airport transfer
What do I need to bring?
- A small amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
What need to note？
- This tour will have a maximum of 6 travelers. If your booking has more than 6 people, all of you will be upgraded to a private tour group without other participants.
- Hotel pickup service is available within the 3rd Ring Zone of Chengdu City. For further distances, there might be an extra cost for the transfer. Please provide your hotel information at the time of booking.
- You tour guide will call you via hotel or leave a message for you about the specific pickup time the night before tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes suggested.
- Lunch fee is not included.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event