Mini Group: Half-Day Chengdu Pandas and Optional Hotpot Tour
- Approx. 5 hours
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 10)
With our carefully-designed half-day tour, you'll enjoy spending time with these black and white bears, exploring the local cuisine-rich culture and the laid-back lifestyle, and having a tasty hot pot or local snacks.
- Get a close-up look at giant pandas of all ages at the Chengdu Research Base.
- Savor the signature numbing hot flavor of Sichuan hotpot (Optional).
- Free upgrade to a private tour for groups of six or more.
- Small-group door-to-door transfers.
A Welcome Call Before Your Day Trip
You’ll receive a welcome call from your guide via hotel, he/she will tell you the exact pick-up time for the next day’s trip. If you are not available at that moment, the tour guide will leave a message for you.
7:30 am - 8:40 am: Hotel Pickup and Drive to Chengdu Panda Base
You will find your guide waiting for you at a previously agreed place, which is usually your hotel's lobby, at an appointed time. For easy recognition, your guide will be holding a Trippest banner and your name.
You will then link up with your group, which will have a maximum of 10 members. This small group tour is good for you to have a better experience. After collecting all of your group members, you will head to your first destination where you will have the opportunity to see giant pandas.
9:00 am - 11:00 am: See Pandas
Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas. The trips are designed to make sure that you enjoy a good day without wasting any time so you can spend more time with these cute pandas. Staring at them and not having to do anything alone ensures you have a delightful time. Enjoy the peaceful time available with the pandas and commit the experience to memory by taking photos and videos.
1. Carry a long lens if you want detailed pictures of the giant pandas. Keep in mind that you mustn't use your flash when taking photos. Because panda's eyes are very sensitive to light.
2. You should also resist the urge to feed the pandas. They have their own nutrition recipes. Your food is not good for them.
3. Don't shout at the pandas, no matter how excited you are. They just don't like to being disturbed.
11:00 am - 1:00 pm: Optional Hotpot Lunch or Your Own Free Time.
Say goodbye to these cute babies and then we are off to downtown of Chengdu city. Lunch is optional.
If you are a foodie, I highly recommend you to try the most popular local food in Chengdu - Hotpot, and other snacks like noodles, Mapo Tofu, Chengdu pancakes, etc. Your guide would love to help you with ordering food, introduce Chengdu cuisines culture and show you the process of eating hotpot. You will be arranged to enjoy lunch with local people so that you can understand more about the local culture and lifestyle. Don't worry if you are not a fan of spicy food as the tour guide can recommend other dishes for you to eat. (Please note: the tour guide will not accompany you till you finish the lunch. You need to arrange your own transportation back to your hotel or onward trip. Don't panic, the tour guide will tell you the best route before he/she leaves.)
If you want to skip the lunch, you will be transferred back to your hotel or dropped you at downtown then you can make the arrangements on your own for the rest of the day.
Know Before You Book
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel.
- English-speaking professional tour guide service
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Chengdu Panda Base.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60-80 per capita, depending on appetite).
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Airport and train station transfer.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A small amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
- Minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 2 (negotiable). Maximum number of participants per tour is 10.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 3th Ring Road of Chengdu City. For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the appointed hotel which your tour guide will tell you the day before the trip.
- The tour guide will contact you through hotel or leave a message for you regarding the exact pickup time the night before tour.
- Lunch fee is not included in pricing. But we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities, please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can ensure you'll enjoy this trip.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before the event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking