3-Hour Walking Tour in Chengdu People's Park and Learning Mahjong
- 3 hours
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 10)
Chengdu People's Park has a long history and is where to go for an authentic taste of the Chengdu laid-back lifestyle. Although some people may shy away from crowded areas, one of the charming aspects of People's Park is the wide variety of people and activities going on. In the park, you should not miss is to drink a cup of tea at Heming Teahouse and experience a Chengdu specialty, like Mahjong, ear cleaning, etc.
Taking this 3-hour activity not only to learn some special events of Chengdu, but also to experience playing Mahjong and understand the tremendous impact that Mahjong causes on people and the society.
- Walking tour to see local's life with an English-speaking guide in Chengdu People's Park.
- Learn how to play Mahjong in a simple way from your guide and feel the fun of it.
- Sip a cup of Chinese covered-bowl tea in a famous teahouse.
- Have a chance to know tea etiquette, local history and culture of Chengdu.
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm, Visit Chengdu People's Park
We will meet at 2:00 pm at People's Park Subway Station EXIT A. Firstly, our walking tour will start to visit the famous People's Park in Chengdu. One of the charming aspects of People's Park is the wide variety of people and activities going on. From this tour, shoulder by shoulder with locals to see the unique Chengdu's lifestyle and culture.
Square dancing is one of the most popular activities for middle-aged people all around the country. Actually you'll find there are as many as four or five groups dancing to different music in and around this area. You can see the lively square dance performances.
Also, the most interesting is to see the matchmaking corner where parents advertise for their children.
Just a few steps away from the loud music and dancing you'll find people drawing caricatures, fortunetellers, snack shops, candy art, people playing cards, ear cleanings, etc.
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm, Learn How to Play Mahjong
You can't miss Tea House and Mahjong game when you travel in Chengdu. We will go to a famous tea house, "Heming"(鹤鸣) Tea House, to enjoy a cup of Chinese tea while learning the etiquette and culture of tea in Chengdu.
The guide will teach you how to play Chinese traditional table game - Mahjong in an easy way in English, then put you into a real test. Also he/she will tell you the history and culture hehind Mahjong and why it's so popular in China.
Know Before You Book
- Mahjong class
- English-speaking tour guide service
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Foods and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Casual dress
- Minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 2 (negotiable). Maximum number of participants per tour is 10.
- We will meet at People's Park Subway Station (Exit A) at 2:00 pm.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking