One-Day Private Hiking Tour at the Great Wall of Jinshanling Section
- Approx. 8 hours
- Private tour
- Hike on an unrepaired section of the Great Wall with no crowds.
- Walk through original ancient watchtowers of various styless.
- Take great photos of the most photogenic section of the Great Wall.
- An expert private guide will be with you all the way.
Jinshanling Hiking Tour
As the most popular hiking trip of the Great Wall around Beijing, it will show you both Simatai and Jinshanling sections of the wall within 3 hours. A 40-minute steps walking up will lead you to East-Five-Eye watchtower at Simatai West. You may take a few breaths before reaching the Wall, and will be rewarded by the breathtaking panoramic view of this amazing human constructions. Take a short break and some photos here, we will then walk westward to Jinshanling. We will get off the wall at Shalingkou at Jinshanling, alternatively you can walk another 30 minutes if you feel energetic and then get off the wall at Zhuanduokou. The unrestored wall, the watch towers, the beacon towers snake on the mountain from east to west. You will have chance to meet local farmer friends, try local home-made food and learn local community development. It is the best place for keen photographers along the wall. Regarding fitness it is a medium-level hiking for all ages. Pick you up at your hotel at 8am and then drive to Simatai West. You will start the hiking around 10:30 am, and it will take about 3 hours to complete the hiking. A lunch at a local farmer's restaurant will be organized after the hiking before returning your hotel. This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers here. Some have two storeys, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. This section of the wall is wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.
Know Before You Book
- Air-con vehicle with experienced driver.
- Personal English-speaking hiking tour guide.
- Unlimited bottled water and snacks.
- Lunch at local farmer's restaurant.
- Entry/Admission - Jinshanling Great Wall.
- Cable car fees
- Tipping of guide & driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Simatai West and Jinshanling. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Please don't make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 5-6 pm.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in the car/van, and you need a day pack to carry them.
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you don't like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we "take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint".
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking