Mini Group: One-Day Simatai West to Jinshanling Great Wall Hiking Tour
- 7 hours
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 10)
Stride along China's Great Wall between Simatai West and Jinshanling on this small-group hiking trip from Beijing. Travel northwest to the Simatai section of the UNESCO-listed wall, known for largely being in its original state, and hike to the restored Jinshanling segment, famous for its watchtowers. Admire the mountain views, learn about the wall's history from your guide, and finish with lunch. Entrance fees, lunch, and central hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Full-day Simatai West to Jinshanling Great Wall hiking tour from Beijing.
- Walk the wall and admire the watchtowers and mountain views.
- Learn about the wall's history and architecture.
- Lunch and entrance fees are included.
- Small group of 10 travelers or fewer per group.
- Includes air-conditioned transport, with pickup and drop-off at central Beijing hotels.
7:00 am - 10:00 am, Hotel pick-up and drive to the Great Wall at Jinshanling Section.
Your guide will be waiting for you in your hotel lobby in the morning at an appointed time around 7:00 am, with holding your name sign or Trippest Logo.
10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Hiking on the Great Wall at Jinshanling.
This moderately challenging hike offers breathtaking views of the Great Wall from Simatai West to Jinshanling, snaking along the ridge of the mountains, taking you through crumbling, ancient watch towers along the way. Upon finishing the stairs you will arrive at the Houchuankou Pass, the first among many towers that you will see along the wall. From there, you will be rewarded with stunning panoramic view and even be able to see the Great Wall stretching out to the horizon. This section of the Great Wall is known for being built a top sharp ridge. Hiking along this thoughtfully restored section of the Great Wall will transport you back in time to the heyday of imperial China period and allow you to get a sense of what it must have felt like to be a Ming Dynasty soldier sent to the northern frontier of the Chinese empire to protect the imperial capital, Beijing, against nomadic invaders. Along the way, snacks and water are provided for you to recharge. You will have a late lunch at the Zhuanduokou Pass.
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm, Lunch time.
Eat lunch at a local farmer's house restaurant.
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm, Transfer back to your hotel in Beijing.
You will be transferred back to your hotel at approximately 5:00 pm to end this tour. If you need to catch a flight or a train after the tour, we are more than happy to help you arrange it. Let us know at the time of booking.
Know Before You Book
- English-speaking professional tour guide service.
- Bottled water.
- Chinese lunch at a local farmer's house.
- Hotel pickup and drop off services are available within the 3th Ring Zone of Beijing City.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entry/Admission - Jinshanling Great Wall.
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually RMB 50-100 per person).
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Cable cars at the Great Wall.
- Airport Transfer.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
- Minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 2 (negotiable). Maximum number of participants per tour is 10.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you through hotel or leave a message for you about pickup time the night before tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 3th Ring Zone of Beijing City.
- Not recommended for child under 6 years old.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level.
What If My Hotel Is Outside The Pickup Area？
If your hotel is outside of the 3rd Ring Zone in Beijing, you can
1. Book an additional transfer service with us, we will pick up from and return to your hotel, round-way: US$35. If your hotel is near airport, round-way: US$45.
2. You may go to one of meeting hotels below. Transportation is at your own expense. Meeting time will be confirmed and email you one day earlier.
- The Regent Beijing, address: No.99, Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing. Closed to Exit C of Dengshikou Subway Station (Line No.5).
- Gehua New Century Hotel Beijing, address: No.19, Gulou Outer Street, North 3th Ring Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing. Closed to Exit E of Anyuanqiao Subway Station (Line No.8).
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking