Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Boutique Tour: Forbidden City, Mutianyu Great Wall, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven
- 2 days
- Every day
- Group tour
Enjoy an in-depth sightseeing experience over two days with this comprehensive Beijing city tour. With a knowledgeable guide, you’ll visit major attractions like Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, the Temple of Heaven and the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu. Transportation between attractions and lunch on both days are included. (Note: Hotel accommodation is not included; you must book your own accommodation in Beijing.)
7:00 - 8:00, Hotel pick-up.
Your guide will be waiting for you in your hotel lobby in the morning at an appointed time around 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM, with holding your name sign or Trippest Logo.
8:00 - 10:30, Visit Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City.
The tour will be began from Tian'anmen Square where the famous Chairman Mao's portrait is hang on the wall of the Gate of Heavenly Peace. It is hardly to say that you have ever been to Beijing if you don't visit the square! Like the Times Square in New York, Red Square in Moscow and St. Peter's Square, Tian'anmen Square is a must-visit place for traveler to Beijing and is the largest public square in the world. Your guide will provide you commentary to the history, architecture, and anecdotes of the square, you will have around 20 minutes there for taking photos.
NOTE: Tian'anmen Square could be enforced martial law due to government activities temporarily, which we can NOT be informed in advance. The tour guide may adjust the itinerary according to the situation.
Walk north, and after going through the middle gate of Tian'anmen rostrum, there will be a huge red gate awaiting you. Start to enjoy the highlight of the day — the Forbidden City, the world's largest imperial palace with 9,999½ forbidden imperial chambers, home to 24 emperors in the Ming and Qing dynasties (1420–1911). You'll be marvelled by the gorgeous Chinese ancient style architectures and interesting history and lives of those Chinese emperors.
Your tour guide will help you explore 10 carefully-selected places and Hall of Clocks and Watches in the Forbidden City, recommended by our local experts, while other group tours only visit 6 spots briefly.
10:30 - 12:30, Drive to the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
1½ - 2 hours car riding from downtown Beijing to the Great Wall at Mutianyu. There could be other participants join the tour to visit the Great Wall in the afternoon. But the group would be no more than 6 people.
12:30 - 13:30, Lunch time.
We will arrange a simple set-menu lunch at a local restaurant before going up to the Great Wall.
Good to know:
We understand and respect your dietetic contraindication. But due to the group tour, we may have a variety of dietary requirements from all group members. We try to meet individual requirement but CAN NOT 100% satisfy. Thank you for your understanding. Also according to the limited condition, for example, we might order vegetarian food for vegan and Indian customers, and order beef or lamb food for Muslim and Jewish customers. The tour guide will double check with you before making an order. Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
13:30 - 15:30, Visit the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu.
After lunch you'll hike the Great Wall at Mutianyu. The section is ranked top among all parts of the Great Wall on TripAdvisor for its picturesque scenery, fewer tourists, and beautifully-restored architecture.
In order to save your time, we suggest you to choose round-way cable car or round-way chairlift and toboggan ascend to and descend from the Great Wall, instead of spending about 40 minutes climbing steps. (If you want to take one-way cable car and one-way chairlift or toboggan, you need to pay the price difference CNY100 per person at your own expense.)
At the Wall, it is free time to walk around after your guide does some introduction. Cable car ascends to and descends from tower 14. Hike “the most beautiful and interesting part of the Great Wall” — between the 14th and 23rd watch towers — acknowledged by hikers as "the golden route". And chairlift ascends to tower 6 and toboggan descends from tower 6 too. It would be a high challenge hiking from tower 6 to tower 23. According to your physical condition, most of our customers who take the chairlift up and down, hike from tower 6 to tower 14 and turn back.
It normally takes about 2 hours to complete the route. Then descend and back to our vehicle.
15:30 - 18:00, Transfer back to your hotel in Beijing.
We will transfer you to your hotel at the end of the tour.
7:30 - 8:00, Hotel pickup.(day 2)
In the morning your guide will be waiting for you at your hotel lobby (or other appointed address) at around 7:30 am (the exact departure time will be given by your guide on Day 1) and you’ll be transferred to the first stop of the day – Jingshan Park by our clean and comfortable vehicle.
8:00 - 8:40, Visit Jingshan Park.(day 2)
This morning we will change another angle to have a panoramic view of the Forbidden City at Jingshan Park which is located behind the Forbidden City. Standing on the 479-meter high hill you’ll have the best position to get a panoramic view of this large Palace Museum which you should not miss. You’ll also have a chance to see the authentic lifestyle of old Beijinger, doing Tai Chi, dance and other activities throughout the park.
9:30 - 11:00, Visit Summer Palace.(day 2)
Summer Palace is the largest imperial royal garden in the world which was built by the Chinese Emperor Qianlong in Qing Dynasty as a gift for his mother’s birthday!
You’ll see the wisdom and treasures of traditional Chinese architecture art while you walking in this garden. It is about 273 hectares in size and is composed of three main scenic areas: the palace area, lake area, and mountain area.
You’ll visit the Summer Palace by taking a dragon boat on the lake which is the best way to visit Summer Palace (the boat trip is not available in winter as the lake would be frozen) . On the boat, you will have a chance to view all of the beautiful palaces at the side of the lake.
After the boat trip, you will walk along a long corridor which is regarded as the longest art gallery in the world and has 14,000 Chinese traditional paintings on the beams.
12:00 - 13:00, Lunch at Da Wan Ju restaurant. (day 2)
Lunch will be served at Da Wan Ju restaurant which serves traditional Beijing local food. Your guide will help you to order the food loved by local people.
13:00 - 14:30, Visit the Temple of Heaven. (day 2)
After lunch, we will head to the Temple of Heaven. This is the place where ancient Chinese emperors used to worship their “Gods”. The Altar, Echo Wall and spectacular Imperial Vault are the highlights.
You’ll find the Hall of Abstinence is a special place that those emperors use this palace for fasting before they held a ceremony to pray for a good harvest and would abstain from meat and wine. Usually, the emperor go to this palace three days in advance with no drinking, no entertainment, no mourning and paying no attention to any sins and crimes being committed which showed his piousness to his god.
15:00 - 16:00, Visit Qianmen Street.(day 2)
Dating back to Ming Dynasty, Qianmen Street was the imperial road to the Temple of Heaven. Since the middle of Ming Dynasty, Qianmen Street had become a famous business street until now. Even though it has been recently rebuilt, it is still a good place if you want to check out a few hutongs and some of side streets. The different Hutong street has different features, and the architecture and vibe are very traditional Chinese. With a history of more than 450 years, there dwells around 30 famous shops with over 100 years history such as Beijing Tong Rentang which sells Chinese medicine, Rui Fuxiang which sells silk and Liu Biju which sells pickles etc.
16:00 - 17:30, Transfer back to your hotel. (day 2)
We will transfer you to your hotel at the end of the tour. If you need to catch a flight or a train after the tour we are more than happy to help you arrange it. Let us know at the time of booking.
Know before you book
- English-speaking Professional Guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 4th Ring Zone of Beijing City.
- Bottled water.
- Lunch X 2.
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum.
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall, includes round-way cable car or round-way chairlift/toboggan transfer.
- Entry/Admission - Jingshan Park.
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace.
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Heaven.
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person per day).
- China Visa.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Airport transfer.
What do I need to bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You must bring a valid passport when on the tour.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
What need to note？
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport information is required for the forbidden city tickets booking, please forward each individual traveler's full name and passport number at the time of booking.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 4th Ring Zone of Beijing City.
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you through hotel or leave a message for you about the exact pickup time the evening before tour.
- If you want to take one-way cable car and one-way chairlift/toboggan, you need to pay the price difference CNY100 per person at your own expense.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate.
- This tour will have a maximum of 6 travelers. If your booking has more than 6 people, all of you will be upgraded to a private tour group without other participants.
What if my hotel is outside the pickup area？
You may go to one of meeting hotels below. Transportation is at your own expense. Meeting time will be confirmed and email you one day earlier.
- The Regent Beijing, address: No.99, Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing. Closed to Exit C of Dengshikou Subway Station (Line No.5).
- Gehua New Century Hotel Beijing, address: No.19, Gulou Outer Street, North 3th Ring Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing. Closed to Exit E of Anyuanqiao Subway Station (Line No.8).
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event