Half-Day Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City Heritage Discovery
- 4 hours
- Every Tue, Thur, Sat
- Group tour
This is our exclusive Forbidden City tour where we go deeply into the Chinese History with our Expert “Professor” Guide. We won’t miss any area that a common 2 hours tour does. You’ll see mythical historic places with no rush at all, and getting the full picture with comprehensive explanations. Skip the lines at the Forbidden City as Trippest VIP guests. In this 600-year-old building complex with 9,999½ forbidden imperial chambers, today NOWHERE is closed and NO secret is kept from you.
- Skip the long lines at the Forbidden City with VIP entrance
- Explore Tian'anmen Square and soak up views from Jingshan Park
8:20 - 8:30, Meet at the subway exit A of Qianmen Station (地铁前门站A出口)
Meet at the subway exit A of Qianmen Station (地铁前门站A出口) at 8:30 am. Your tour guide will be waiting for you with other tour members, holding a sign with the Trippest logo on. You can get there by subway or taxi.
Please make sure to arrive punctually as the trip must begin on time. If for some reason you cannot get there by the specified time, please make a call to your tour guide (listed on the confirmation letter that we will send you the day before your departure) and your tour guide will try his or her best to help you.
8:30 - 9:15, Visit the Tian'anmen Square
You will visit the Tian’anmen Square – the largest urban square in the world where you can see the famous portrait of Chairman Mao hanging on the red wall. You can take pictures and walk around at the square. You guide will give you background information about this famous square.
9:15 - 11:45, Visit the Forbidden City.
Walk to the entrance of the Forbidden City and start your visit to the Forbidden City. Your expert guide will show you around the Forbidden City and tell you a lot of interesting stories, revealing the true Chinese imperial life and history. With more than 600 years of history, 24 emperors from the Ming and Qing dynasties lived in the Forbidden City. It is the largest imperial palace in the world and is listed as a World Cultural Heritage site by UNESCO; it is now open to the public as the Palace Museum.
You will visit:
The Meridian Gate 午门
Hall of Supreme Harmony 太和殿
Hall of Central Harmony 中和殿
Hall of Preserving Harmony 保和殿
Palace of Heavenly Purity 乾清宫
The Clock Exhibition Hall 钟表馆 （奉先殿内）
The Treasure Hall 珍宝馆 （皇极殿内）
Nine Dragon Screen 九龙壁
Palace of Prolonging Happiness（the Crystal Palace）延禧宫
Imperial Garden 御花园
The Spiritual Valor Gate 神武门
11:45 - 12:30, Visit Jingshan Park.
Later on you will visit Jingshan Park which is located in front of the Forbidden City. It is said to be the best position to get a panoramic view of the Forbidden City. Definitely not to be missed, Jingshan Park is located on the central axis of Beijing and has many historic buildings symmetrically located on both sides. You will see the Drum and Bell Tower to the north while the Forbidden City and Tian’anmen Square can be seen to the south.
Your tour will end at Jingshan Park. After the tour, you can take subway or taxi back to your hotel. Your guide will show you the best way to get back to your hotel or other places you are interested in visiting.
Know before you book
- Friendly English-speaking expert guide service.
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City - The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan)
- Bottled water.
- Tipping of hiking guide recommended on good service (usually CNY 50 per person).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service.
- Personal expenses.
What do I need to bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You must bring a valid passport when on the tour.
- Please be ready and arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to your scheduled starting time.
What need to note？
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We meet all travelers at a starting point. You will have detailed information in your booking confirmation.
- This tour is available on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday except the China Public Holidays.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers. Most travelers can participate.
- Tian'anmen Square could be enforced martial law due to government activities temporarily, which we can NOT be informed in advance. The tour guide may adjust the itinerary according to the situation.
- Feel free to ask any questions about the Forbidden City and Chinese culture to your guide who will be more than happy to discuss with you.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event