3-Hour Hutong Discovery Walking Tour with Local Beijingers
- 3 hours
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 8)
Led by a knowledgeable host, who grew up in the Hutong courtyard, have enormous love and deep feelings for Beijing. Walk through the shortest and narrowest Hutong of Beijing, listen the vivid story about family memories and legend passed down orally, taste the most popular Beijing snacks and drinks.
- Small group with a maximum of 8 people.
- Walk around non-tourist Hutongs that you won't likely discovered it on your own.
- With good stories on the way. Imagine the past and feel present.
- Taste some kind of local snacks and drinks to feel the real Beijing flavor.
Meet up at Qianmen Subway Station.
Meeting time: 4 PM
Meeting Place: Exit A, Qianmen Subway Station, Beijing. The tour guide will be right here waiting.
Led by a Beijing local who grew up in Hutong courtyard, walk through the most original Hutong area to feel the history vestiges and local Beijingers’ life. The host will share her childhood story that related to these shortest and narrowest Hutong. Why it is called "hutong"? Interesting storytelling fully made you to imagine what the old Hutong was like. You will also get into the old market to feel the local life, stop still to watch the old man playing chess, and end the tour at their family favorite restaurant and tried authentic Beijing snack.
Tour ends at around 7:00 pm.
You can explore the city on your own.
Know Before You Book
- Snacks and drinks.
- Hutong tours led by an English-speaking local Beijinger.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Come hungry, we will taste some snacks and drinks.
- If you are allergic to any food or you are vegetarian, please let us know.
- Please be on time. Otherwise you will miss your tour and no refund.
- The group size will be no more than 8 people.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking