Private Tianjin Day Tour to Huangyaguan Great Wall and Dule Temple
- Approx. 7 hours
- Private tour
Absorb the scenery and history on a walk along the mountainous Huangyaguan section of the Great Wall, and visit the Dule Temple, one of China's oldest wooden shrines.
- Walk on the scenic and restored Huangyaguan section of China's Great Wall
- Visit the Dule Temple, a wooden Buddhist temple dating from the Liao period
- Private air-conditioned transport, entrance fees, and pickup and drop-off from hotel or Tianjin Cruise Port included
The Great Wall at Huangyaguan Section
At around 8:00 am, your private tour guide, driver, and vehicle will pick you up from your hotel in Tianjin (or Tianjin Cruise Port) and drive to Huangyaguan Great Wall which runs on the ridge of mountains to the north of Tianjin. But if you want to start the tour a little late, please tell us at the time of booking.
Huangyaguan Great Wall is listed as one of the cultural heritage of the world and one of the ten most popular attractions in Tianjin. It was initially built in Northern Qi Dynasty (550 A.D.- 577 A.D.) and later renovated and extended in Sui Dynasty (581 A.D. - 618 A.D.) as well as in Ming Dynasty (1368 A.D. - 1644 A.D.). The original wall of this section has a length of 26 miles (42 kilometers) but suffers extensive damage throughout its long history.
You will visit Dule Temple which is one of the three existing temples built in Liao Period. The temple is the best example of wood structured architecture in ancient China. After exploring the temple, continue to The Eastern Qing Mausoleums that are among the finest and largest extant mausoleum complexes in China. The entire complex covers an area of over 8,202,100 square feet (2,500 square kilometers) These are the sacred burial grounds of Qing emperors, empresses and imperial concubines.
Know Before You Book
- Private tour escorted by knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide.
- Transport with reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Hotel (or Tianjin Cruise Port) pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Huangyaguan Great Wall.
- Entry/Admission - Dule Temple.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- Lunch fee (RMB 60-80 per capita, depending on appetite).
- China visa
What Do I Need to Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Your valid passport and China visa.
We can pick you up from:
1. Your hotel in central Tianjin. Please enter the name and address of your hotel/airbnb/accommodation information in the blank of pickup location at the time of booking. An extra transfer fee may apply if you want to be picked up and drop off in Beijing.
2. Tianjin Cruise Port (Cruise name and disembark time are required at the time of booking.)
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking