Private Tour: Wang Family Mansion and Shuanglin Temple from Pingyao
- 7 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
Explore a masterpiece of Qing architecture plus one of China’s biggest Buddhist temples on a private 7-hour tour from Pingyao. Visit the Shuanglin Temple, famed for its multitude of painted clay statues, and explore the Wang Family Mansion, a walled maze of familial houses, pavilions, forts, and courtyards from the 16th century. A private guide, private round-trip transport, plus entrance fees and Chinese lunch included.
- 7-hour private tour of Shuanglin Temple and Wang Family Mansion from Pingyao
- Tour UNESCO-listed Shuanglin Temple, one of China’s largest Buddhist temples
- View the 2,000 statues, galleries, and courts of the ornate temple
- Visit the Wang Family Mansion, a labyrinth of forts, houses, and courtyards from the 16th century
- Wander through the squares and halls, and learn about Wang social hierarchies
- Includes entrance fees and Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- Private guide, and private transport with Pingyao hotel pickup and drop-off included
Shuanglin TempleAt 9:00 am, you will be greeted by your private tour guide at your hotel in Pingyao start the day. Also known as "Double Forest Temple", Shuanglin Temple is located about a 20-minute drive from Pingyao Old Town. Shuanglin Temple was built about 1,500 years ago and renowned for its ancient locust trees, steles, frescoes, and particularly over 2,000 vivid and well preserved color-painted mud sculptures.
Wang's Family Compound (Wang Jia Dayuan)After a Chinese lunch, drive about one hour to visit Wang Family Mansion. This huge magnificent courtyard complex occupies a higher ground overlooking a broad landscape. It boasts 123 courtyards and 1,118 rooms which entails all the major architectural features of north China peasant homes. It's buildings and decorations reflect strict social hierarchy of the time, and all of the carvings and statues have lots of meanings and stories behind them. After the tour, return to your hotel in Pingyao at about 16:00pm.
Know before you book
- Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transfer by reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fee
What do I need to bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
What need to note？
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- No public transportation nearby
- Infant seats unavailable
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking