Private Full-Day Pingyao Old Town Private Walking Tour With Lunch
- 8 hours
- Every day
- Private tour
Step back in time in one of China’s best-preserved Ming-era cities on a private 8-hour tour of Pingyao Old Town. This medieval, walled UNESCO-listed town is famed for its Ming and Qing architecture and quaint streets. Visit the Town Hall, Rishengchang Draft Bank, and other must-sees, walk along the city walls, and learn about Pingyao's mercantile past from a private guide. Includes admission fees and lunch.
- Private 8-hour walking tour of Pingyao Old Town
- Explore the quaint streets and landmarks of UNESCO-listed Old Pingyao
- Visit the Town Hall (Xianya), Rishengchang Draft Bank, and Armed Escort Company Museum
- Stroll on the city walls and down bustling Ming-Qing Street
- Entrance fees and lunch at a traditional restaurant included
- Personalized attention from a private guide
Pingyao Old Town Walking Tour
At 9:00 am, you will be greeted by your private tour guide at your hotel in Pingyao ancient town and start the day. Strolling around the old town, you will visit major attractions including Xianya (town hall), Rishengchang Draft Bank, Armed Escort Company Museum, and the Ancient City Wall. Xianya is the largest and best preserved of its kind in China. There you will learn how government officials work and live in ancient time and also see the ancient penitentiary and instruments of punishment. Rishengchang Draft Bank is the first bank in China and best presents the culture of commerce and merchants in ancient Shanxi. The architecture of town buildings shows a lot of history and its development. You could still see daily lives of local residents alongside the streets filled with souvenirs, handicrafts, and snacks shops, and even watch shop owners making traditional handicrafts. After the tour, return to your hotel at around 05:00pm.
Know before you book
- Lunch at a well-seleted restaurant
- Private tour with English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What do I need to bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
What need to note？
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infant seats unavailable
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking