3-Hour Evening Bike Tour of Old City Chiang Mai
- 3 hours
- Every day
- Group tour
Visit Wat Loke Molee to hear the monks chant, Thapae Gate, Wat Chedi Luang, end the bike tour with street food tasting at Chiang Mai Gate Market. Traveling at night allows for cooler temperatures and fewer tourists.
Tha Phae GateOn the way towards the old city’s eastern gate, you'll cycle through the city’s quaint lanes. Tha Phae gate was once the entrance through which traders brought their wares into the city. At this beautifully restored gate learn about Chiang Mai's old city walls and history.
Three Kings Monument
Pedaling the twisting streets of the old city the next stop is Wat Intakhin with its serene 700 hundred-year-old white Buddha and the Three Kings Monument where you will hear about Chiang Mai’s found fathers.
Wat Lok MoleeCycle to the city moat. Leaving the bikes by the side of the moat, walk across to Wat Lok Molee with its beautifully illuminated stupa and ornate wooden prayer hall. At this time of day you have a good chance of hearing the monks chanting their prayers.
Wat Chedi Luang VaraviharaThe next stop is Chiang Mai’s grandest monument. Wat Chedi Luang was built to house the ashes of a king and was once the home of the Emerald Buddha (now resident at Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok). It is now the home of the City Pillar and 3 auspicious trees which provide protection to the city.
Chiang Mai Gate Night MarketFor the last stop a little food tour of the Chiang Mai Gate Market. Walking through the market your guide with point out the different types of street food available. After selecting a some street food to sample sit down with a drink with your guide and enjoy the night market atmosphere.
Know before you book
- Quality Merida mountain bike and helmet.
- Professional and knowledgeable local English-speaking tour guide.
- Local snacks and drinking water.
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service.
What do I need to bring?
Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
What need to note？
- Top quality, well maintained Merida mountain bikes with a water bottle and helmet are provided to keep you safe and comfortable throughout the tour.
- This tour is guaranteed for a minimum of just 1 traveler. And we limit the group size to only 10 travelers so that you get all the attention you want in an intimate group.
- We have a range of kids sized bikes, tag-alongs and child seats so there's no reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Thailand day tours will not operate April 13th to 15th over the annual Songkran (water festival) holidays. We will resume tours April 16th after our guides have enjoyed a well-deserved break. Sorry for any inconvenience and enjoy the celebrations!
- 14 km riding. Enjoy the flat terrain and quiet back roads on this easy and relaxing bike tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
For 48-hours last minute booking