Chengdu, is a big city, which is presented with the ‘International Tourism Logo’ in May 2015. It has many popular tourist attractions and historical buildings. Also Chengdu is the hometown of Pandas and people came here to adore them.
Every year thousands of tourists visit Chengdu City. One people mostly overlook while planning their trip to Chengdu is where to stay in Chengdu? t is important to decide your hotel or area to stay in Chengdu because it is a big city with nearly 14 billion inhabitants plus the tourist attractions and shops are scattered all over the city. It means you might find it tricky to navigate your destination because of lack of information about the areas.
This article is tour guide to help you decide where to stay in Chengdu? this guide will compare different areas to give you more precise and accurate information.
Features about Tianfu Square:
There are many ring roads in Chengdu and in the middle of all the ring roads lies the Tianfu square. This area connects you to all the other areas of Chengdu as it is at the center.
There are many reasons why must find the Chengdu hotels in the Tianfu square. Right next to Tianfu Square is the Effigy tower of Mao, and you can also spend some quality time enjoying teas and polite live instrumental music at people’s park, located to the west of Tianfu Square. There are many shops and restaurants in this area, and you can travel through underground metro lines all day very easily.
Where To Stay in Chengdu, Tianfu Square?
- Home Inn Hotel - Under 50 USD (RMB 180): If you are looking for a cheap yet an ambient cheerful place to spend your stay in Chengdu then you must check in to this hotel. This hotel is quite near the square, with nice rooms and good services.
- Fraser Suites – Between 50 USD to 100 USD (RMB 500): Located at a bit farther from the square, Fraser Suites is a mid-range hotel with rooms with attached baths. This hotel is perfect for those who have a stay in Chengdu. There are many amenities provided in this hotel with good services and still cheap.
- Regis – Above 100 USD: one of the best hotels in the Tianfu Square is the St. Regis. From 800 miles away from Tianfu Square, located the most luxurious and lavish hotel the St. Regis. The rooms have attached bathrooms with modern and sleek designs, Japanese robotic toilets and best services. The hotel management also helps their customers with their travel arrangements and also provides gifts.
Tai Koo Li / Chunxi road:
Features About Tai Koo Li
Located in the East of Tianfu, Tai Koo Li and Chunxi Road are just separated by the IFS Building. This area is one of the trendy, modern and luxurious areas of Chengdu with old Chinese architecture. If you have a good budget and loves to shop branded accessories and clothing with good quality foods this is the right place.
This area is also the central area of Chengdu City. There are branded shops, luxury brands, shops with new beauty products, five-star hotels and many more. Inside the Tai, Koo Li is the picturesque Daci Temple. There are a lot of Lotus flowers and you can enjoy the personalized different flavored ice cream at this place in just $40.
Where to stay in Chengdu, Tai Koo Li?
- Phoenix Regalia Hotel - Under 50USD (RMB 170): Even the area is filled with luxury and branded shops you might still find a hotel at cheap rates at Chunxi road. The hotel rooms are cheap priced yet very clean, well sized and simple.
- Summer Island Apartments - Between 50USD to 100USD (RMB500): if you want to enjoy beautiful views and hotel rooms with a terrace in Chengdu Hotels, then this hotel is the right place for you. It is located at Tai Koo Li, has the best location and offers fantastic views at reasonable prices.
- The Temple House – Above 100USD (RMB 2000): An expensive, luxurious and lavish hotel. The rooms in this hotel are modern with the latest equipment’s. The staff is very polite and nice.
Features About Wenshu Monestery:
Wenshu Monastery is the quiet and peaceful area of the Chengdu City. You can escape from the noise and crowd of Chengdu in this area. It is located in the North of Tianfu Square, a beautiful area with old buildings and depicts the heritage of China.
As described above this area is peaceful and quiet, moreover, you can enjoy the peaceful walks in the Monastery gardens. And if you are a food lover then you must find a hotel in this area, because Wenshu Temple is surrounded by many street food shops. Many small shops and traditional wooden houses and cottages are also located in this area.
Where to stay in Chengdu, Wenshu Monastery?
- Lazybones Hostel - Under 50USD: A hotel with double rooms, popular as the international hostel where one can find many foreigner travelers.
- Buddhazen - From 50USD to 80USD: it is a Buddhist hotel which is inside of a Wooden Tea House. The rooms in this hotel are designed on the old world theme. You can enjoy delicious vegetarian breakfast and food, flavored teas and many more in this hotel. In addition, you can also enjoy the traditional tea ceremonies and music. You can also enjoy the spa in this hotel.
- Tibet Hotel Chengdu - From 80USD upwards: this hotel is a real work of beauty and art. The rooms are decorated with white cotton sheets, ubiquitous Corby 7700 trouser press.
Travel Tips to Find Chengdu Hotels to Stay:
- Check-in to the hotel which is near to most of the tourist attractions, food streets and shops such as Half-Day Chengdu Panda Breeding Center, ChengduQingcheng Mountain, Sichuan Opera and Half-Day Chengdu Back Alley Foodie Tour.
- Always check the price/rates and availability of hotel rooms in the desired area online from tripadvisor and make my trip.com etc before arriving Chengdu,
- It is best to pick a place to stay in an area which is near from the Metro and Bus Stations like Tianfu Metro Station to make your travel easy.
You Might Like