The Climate in Beijing, China can be extreme, the summertime can be hot with burning heat while on the other hand winters come with low temperatures and sometimes snow. This means it is not an appropriate time to visit Beijing because you would not enjoy the trip either due to heat or too much cold.
The temperature is mild and moderate from March to May and from September to October. The climate during these months is best for making a trip; the tourists also enjoy the beautiful & colorful sceneries during this time of the year. The temperature during these months is neither too high nor too low, it’s either the start of summer or vice versa.
In addition to climate and weather, another factor is the public holidays. Visiting Beijing during the public holidays is not wise. In China, workers are granted a 2 day holiday, and on public days the nationals of China visit their sacred places. You will find millions of China nationals on public holidays, and hence the places will be overcrowded. It will cause a hurdle for the tourists from outside. Also, even the small local hotels, taxi drivers and tourist’s guides increase their rates during the holiday days.
In the discussion below the readers will know about what is the best month for Beijing and why?
Comparison of Different Months:
– From June to August:
- The summer season starts from June to August in Beijing, China. The summer days are quite hot and humid in China. Around 75% of the total annual precipitation occurs from June to August. From July to August, there are frequent showers in China.
- Due to humidity, the summer heat is scorching and sweltering throughout the day. The temperature does not drop much even during the noon or night time.
- The summertime is not good for traveling in China, because the hotel rates are quite high, the fares of taxi also raise and the tourist guides charges a high amount.
- You will find a large crowd of tourist during summer days because mostly the summers are off in many countries.
– Travel Tips:
- Somehow if you are traveling in China and want to visit the Great Wall of China or the Forbidden City, and then make sure you are wearing sunscreen, sunglasses and summer clothes. You must take an umbrella with you.
- You can visit Jingdong Grand Canyon and Chuandixia Village near Beijing’s suburbs in summers because these areas are rather cooler than rest of the Beijing even in summers.
- You can also do boating in Kunming Lake at the Summer Palace.
– March to May & September to October
Both the spring and autumn seasons in Beijing, China are short and moderate. The weather during these two seasons is neither too hot nor too cold.
The spring season begins from March and ends in May. The temperature is not constant in spring; it might rise or lowers down. The spring season in China is windy and sometimes there are sand-storms.
While on the other hand, autumn begins in September and stays till October. The autumn season is the most pleasing and beautiful of all the seasons in China. The tourists will find a lot of colorful sceneries during this season.
– Travel Tips for Autumn & Spring
- In the month of May, many shows, performances, and festivals are organized in Beijing. The shows and events attract a lot of tourists as these are full of activities and traditions.
- Also, there is an exhibition of flowers and festivals during the springtime and these exhibitions are organized at certain places. The colorful and different kind of flowers makes the scene beautiful and colorful.
- In autumn, the tourists must schedule to climb the Great Wall.
- Autumn is also famous for sightseeing the red leaves at Fragrant Hill. The red leaves give it a beautiful natural touch.
– November to February
The winters begin in November and the climate gets extreme in January. This time of the year is cold and dry. If the tourists are visiting Beijing during winter they might witness occasional snowfall in China. The temperature drops below zero in January making it difficult to plan your outing and visit the places, because of fog.
Although winter is quite uncomfortable to visit Beijing, yet it is the cheapest season of the whole year. The hotels are available at very low rates.
Chinese celebrate a special new year in winters, in which they visit their temple fairs and they make dumplings. The tourists can visit the temples to learn how locals celebrate and make dumplings.
– Travel Tips
- Obviously, if you visiting China in winters you need to have appropriate clothing like jackets, thick jeans gloves, scarfs, hats, and even a face mask.
- The cold wind in winters and fog can hurt your eyes and nose.
- Steaming Mongolian Hotpot is the best you can eat during winters.
- Nanshan Ski Resort and Huaibei Ski Resort are places for skiing.
The analysis of all the aforementioned discussion indicates that in summers there are a large number of tourists visiting Beijing. Tourist visits China all around the year. But the best time to visit Beijing is from September to October, during the autumn season.