Mini Group: 2-Day Beijing Excursion from Tianjin Cruise Port without Hotel
- 2 days
- Based on cruise schedule
- Group tour (Min 2, Max 8)
OverviewJoin a mini group shore excursion with maximum 8 people. Including Tianjin Cruise Port – Beijing round trip transfer, visit Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City, enjoy 2 hours of Great Wall Hiking at Mutianyu with round-way cable car. There is a freshly-cooked set meal for lunch, and smartly-timed arrangements with absolutely no shop detours.
Mutianyu Great Wall (Day 1)
This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is about 2½ hours' driving from downtown Beijing. A cable car takes you to a good section, where you can walk along the wall, through the watchtowers, and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. Hike "the most beautiful and interesting part of the Great Wall" - between the 14th and 23rd watch towers - acknowledged by hikers as "the golden route". We include the round-way cable car or round-way chairlift/toboggan on the Great Wall. Note: Cable car station at No.6 watchtower. Chairlift/Toboggan station at No.14 watchtower. If you want to take cable car up & chairlift/toboggan down, you need to pay the price difference RMB100 per person in cash at your own expense.
Tiananmen Square (Day 2)
Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the center of Beijing, named after the Tian'anmen (literally meaning the "Gate of Heavenly Peace"), which sits to the north of it, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. It is hardly to say that you have ever been to Beijing if you don't visit the square! Like the Times Square in New York, Red Square in Moscow and St. Peter's Square, Tiananmen Square is a must-visit place for traveler to Beijing.
Forbidden City - The Palace Museum (Day 2)
The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911. This "city within a city" is a World Heritage site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with a great square, halls, and gates that contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards, and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
You will be transferred back to Tianjin Cruise Port after lunch and arrive no later than 4:00 pm.
Know Before You Book
- Lunch x 2
- Round-way Tianjin Cruise Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Round-way cable car at the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City (The Palace Museum)
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Accommodation, travel insurance and any other personal expenses during tour.
- China visa
What Do I Need To Bring?
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You must bring a valid passport when on the tour.
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Passport information is required for the forbidden city tickets booking, please forward each individual traveler's full name and passport number at the time of booking.
- While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can ensure you'll enjoy this trip.
- We include round-way cable car or round-way chairlift/toboggan. If you want to take one-way cable car and one-way chairlift/ toboggan, please pay the price difference RMB100 per person at your own expense.
- Spend overnight in Beijing, please book your own hotel accommodation in Beijing. The hotel pick-up and drop-off area should be within the 3rd ring road of Beijing. We suggest you book a hotel located in central Beijing for the night.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event.
- Ours operate rain or shine. In periods of extreme or unsafe weather, we will discuss with you for alternative arrangements or cancel the tour at our discretion and provide a refund.
For 48-hours last minute booking